This quick treat is based off of one of my other recipes: my 3-Minute Chocolate Cake. I wanted a sweet treat one evening but I am cutting back on my chocolate (it makes me break out), so I decided to make a banana bread version of this microwave cake.
Initially, I forgot the baking soda and added more milk to the recipe, so the middle sank and was doughy, but I loved it! The doughiness in the middle reminded me of a good pudding cake. This cake is quite moist, but if you want a gooey middle, you can add a couple more teaspoons of milk to the batter and skip the baking soda. If you want to go all out, throw in some mini chocolate chips, too, for a little chocolate! Want to reduce the calories? Simply replace some of the banana with applesauce and cut out the almond butter.
3-Minute Banana Bread Cake
- 1 small banana
- 1 teaspoon creamy almond butter or SunButter
- 2 teaspoons almondmilk
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- Vanilla Cream Stevia drops, to taste
- 1 ½ teaspoon ground flaxseed
- 1 ½ Tablespoons fine coconut flour
- Dash salt
- Cinnamon, to taste (about 1/8 to ¼ teaspoon)
- Spray the bottom of an 8-10 oz. ramekin or mug with a little oil. Set aside
- In a small bowl, mash bananas very well
- Stir the almond butter, almondmilk, vanilla, and Stevia into the banana and mix well
- Stir in the ground flaxseed, coconut flour, salt, and cinnamon. Mix well
- Scoop the batter into the prepared ramekin and microwave on high for 2 minutes until cooked through
- Allow the cake to cool for a couple minutes before eating. Enjoy!
6 g fat
34 g carbohydrates
8.5 g fiber
15 g sugars
5 g protein