Here is a super-yummy protein shake that tastes amazing but is still good for you: Butter Pecan Protein Shake!
This tastes so good, it could qualify as a milkshake dessert!
If you are watching your sugar intake: try using Stevia instead of dates in this recipe, or just skip the added sweetener. Your shake won’t be quite as thick, but you can cut some calories and sugar if you prefer.
If you are watching calories: cut the dates and pecans in half for a lower calorie shake (this will trim @50 calories)
Butter Pecan Protein Shake
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 medium dates, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons roasted pecans
- 1 scoop (@ 3 Tablespoons) vanilla brown rice protein powder
- 2-3 Drops imitation butter flavor
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend on high speed until smooth and creamy.
Fat: 14 g
Sat. fat: 1 g
Carbs: 17 g
Fiber: 4 g
Sugar: 10 g
Protein: 18.5 g