Yep, that’s right: another breakfast recipe! I noticed that there are a lot of breakfast recipes on The Fit Cookie, probably because breakfast recipes (especially pancakes) are fairly easy to make and pretty easy to adapt to gluten-free.
At any rate, here is another great pancake recipe to sink your teeth into on the weekends (or whenever your heart desires!).
Oatmeal Raisin Pancakes
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup gluten-free oats (either old fashioned or quick oats work well)
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (more if you prefer)
- 1/2 cup raisins (more if you prefer)
- 1-1/4 cup milk
- 2 Tablespoons ground flax or chia seed
- 1 Tablespoon soy-free margarine or coconut oil, melted (I used Earth Balance Soy-Free)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon vinegar or lemon juice
- Liquid Stevia, to taste
- Preheat a skillet or griddle.
- Whisk together dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Stir the raisins into the dry ingredients, making sure to separate them and get rid of any clumps.
- In a separate medium bowl, whisk together the milk, ground flax seed, soy-free margarine, vanilla, vinegar, and liquid Stevia.
- Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix well. Allow the batter to sit for a minute to thicken.
- If the batter is too thick, add milk 1 Tablespoon at a time until it is the desired consistency.
- Using a 1/4 cup measure as a scoop, scoop the batter onto the hot skillet or griddle and cook until golden on each side.
- Top however you like: agave, maple syrup, honey, nut butter, soy-free margarine, or jam.