What could be better than your favorite candy bar? Your favorite candy bar in healthy pancake form (gluten-free and vegan, too)! Whoa : )
Almond Joy candy bars are one of my favorite treats, but my kids can’t have the almonds, so we made some Mounds Pancakes instead so everyone could eat them. Feel free to make these into Almond Joy pancakes by adding some chopped or sliced almonds to the top of your pancake stack or mixed into the filling. Have fun!
Mounds (or Almond Joy) Pancakes
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1-1/2 Tablespoons ground flax seed
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1-1/2 cup milk of choice
- 1/2 Tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 Tablespoon vinegar or lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon liquid Stevia
- 1/2 cup finely shredded coconut (unsweetened)
- 2 Tablespoons agave
- 1-2 Tablespoons milk of choice
- Preheat a skillet or griddle over medium heat.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, flax, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cocoa powder. Mix well.
- In another medium bowl, whisk together the milk, oil, vanilla, vinegar, and Stevia.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Pour batter onto preheated skillet 1/4 cupfuls at a time. Cook on both sides until cooked through.
- While the pancakes are cooking, mix together the coconut shreds, agave nectar, and the milk.
- Serve the pancakes topped with the coconut/agave mixture.