Indulge in this thick and creamy Berry Hemp Smoothie made with Hemp Heart Bites. It’s gluten free, vegan, and allergy friendly
Hey friends, it’s smoothie time!The seasons will be changing soon but we’re still celebrating and holding onto summer with a berry smoothie.
This Berry Hemp Smoothie is extra special because it has Hemp heart Bites in it and it’s part of my Drink the Rainbow smoothie series! It has been a little while since I made a smoothie for that series and since this one is such an awesome color, it fits perfectly! We have done smoothies in pink, yellow, and green, now it’s time for purple 🙂
Hemp Heart Bites are made with only 5 ingredients (4 if you don’t count sea salt) and these ingredients are organic. Hemp Heart Bites are also non-GMO verified and certified kosher. These don’t have wheat or gluten ingredients, but they aren’t certified gluten-free and are made in a facility with nuts so if you have allergies, check with the company on that.
These little snacking gems are full of healthy fats, minerals like magnesium and manganese, fiber, and whole-food protein. They make the goodness of hemp hearts portable! These little snacks are just the right amount of sweet and crunchy.
Instead of just doing a basic product review, I wanted to share something my readers could really use, so I created this fun Berry Hemp Smoothie with Hemp Heart Bites. It was totally unplanned that the color of the smoothie matches the package colors!
This smoothie is a great meal in a glass: it has healthy fats, fiber, protein, and fruit. It has everything! Make this in the morning for a quick breakfast or whip it up as a nutritious snack between meals.
Berry Hemp Smoothie
Gluten-free, Grain-free, Vegan; Free of: peanuts, soy, dairy, eggs, grains
- 1 cup frozen mixed berries*
- 1 ½ cup unsweetened almond-coconut milk blend or your favorite non-dairy milk
- 2 Tablespoons dairy free protein powder
- 5 pieces Manitoba Harvest Hemp Heart Bites, chopped (2 Tablespoons hemp hearts)
- Liquid vanilla Stevia drops 5 to 8 drops, to taste
- First, chop up the hemp heart bites and set aside a little bit for garnish
- In a small blender or NutriBullet, blend together the frozen mixed berries, almond-coconut milk, protein powder, hemp hearts, and stevia
- Blend until smooth
- Pour into a glass and top with some chopped Hemp Heart Bites
Sarah Jane Parker is the founder, recipe creator, and photographer behind The Fit Cookie. She’s a food allergy mom and healthy living blogger based in Wyoming. Sarah is also an ACSM Certified Personal Trainer, ACE Certified Health Coach, Revolution Running certified running coach, and an ACE Certified Fitness Nutrition Specialist