Hey friends, it’s smoothie time!The seasons will be changing soon but we’re still celebrating and holding onto summer with a berry smoothie.
This Berry Hemp Smoothie is extra special because it has Hemp heart Bites in it and it’s part of my Drink the Rainbow smoothie series! It has been a little while since I made a smoothie for that series and since this one is such an awesome color, it fits perfectly! We have done smoothies in pink, yellow, and green, now it’s time for purple 🙂
Hemp Heart Bites are made with only 5 ingredients (4 if you don’t count sea salt) and these ingredients are organic. Hemp Heart Bites are also non-GMO verified and certified kosher. These don’t have wheat or gluten ingredients, but they aren’t certified gluten-free and are made in a facility with nuts so if you have allergies, check with the company on that.
[Tweet “Berry Hemp Smoothie with Hemp Heart Bites! @manitobaharvest #glutenfree #hhbites #vegan”]
These little snacking gems are full of healthy fats, minerals like magnesium and manganese, fiber, and whole-food protein. They make the goodness of hemp hearts portable! These little snacks are just the right amount of sweet and crunchy.
Instead of just doing a basic product review, I wanted to share something my readers could really use, so I created this fun Berry Hemp Smoothie with Hemp Heart Bites. It was totally unplanned that the color of the smoothie matches the package colors!
This smoothie is a great meal in a glass: it has healthy fats, fiber, protein, and fruit. It has everything! Make this in the morning for a quick breakfast or whip it up as a nutritious snack between meals.
And we have a coupon! Get 15% off Hemp Heart Bites with the code HHBitesLaunch15 (Expires 11/5/15)
- 1 cup frozen mixed berries*
- 1-1/2 cup unsweetened almond-coconut milk blend or your favorite non-dairy milk
- 2 Tablespoons pumpkin seed protein powder or hemp protein powder
- 5 pieces Hemp Heart Bites chopped
- Liquid vanilla Stevia drops 5-8 drops, to taste
- First, chop up the hemp heart bites and set aside a little bit for garnish
- In a small blender or NutriBullet, blend together the frozen mixed berries, almond-coconut milk, protein powder, hemp hearts, and stevia
- Blend until smooth
- Pour into a glass and top with some chopped Hemp Heart Bites