Hey friends, it’s time for Recipe Redux and another giveaway! I’ve been on a roll with the giveaways the past couple weeks, but what can I say, I like sharing 😉 P.S. I have more giveaways coming up in the next few weeks, too, so keep your eyes open for those.
The February 2016 Recipe Redux theme is Break Out of Breakfast Boredom. That’s not too hard for me since I usually don’t get into a breakfast rut: I don’t typically eat the same meals for breakfast each day. It’s always changing!
Break Out of Breakfast Boredom
Cooks aren’t always pressed for time in the mornings – they just need new ideas. Think mug cakes, smoothie bowls, breakfast cookies and more. Show us the healthy way you wake up your breakfast – or wake up just for breakfast!
Some mornings I have oatmeal, other times it’s dinner leftovers from the night before, some days it’s homemade protein bites and fruit, or Hemp Protein Pancakes if I have batch-cooked them on Sundays. Due to my allergies, there isn’t anything typical about my breakfast, and I usually don’t eat the same thing every day. No eggs and toast for me, although I really do miss eggs!
[Tweet “Shake up your breakfast with some Salted Caramel Oatmeal! #glutenfree #vegan #breakfast”]
Since I have oatmeal once or twice a week, I thought it would be fun to change up my typical blueberry oatmeal and make it a bit more fun with some of my favorite healthy snacks: Nakd Nibbles! I hosted a giveaway for them before, but I wanted to create a recipe with the Nibbles this time, and Salted Caramel is my favorite Nibbles flavor! Usually when Nakd Wholefoods sends me a box of Nibbles, I eat them all up before I get a chance to make anything with them, but this time I managed to save some for a recipe 😉
This Salted Caramel Oatmeal is a fun way to switch up your regular oatmeal and make your breakfast a little more decadent! If you’re wanting more protein, just add a few Tablespoons of your favorite vanilla protein powder to the oatmeal. If you don’t want to add protein powder,serve this with your favorite protein and a side of fruit for a well-rounded breakfast. If you’re watching your carbohydrate intake, eat half the oatmeal and save the rest for a snack for later!
- 1/2 cup gluten-free old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk or coconut milk
- Dash salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 package Salted Caramel Nakd Nibbles divided
- "Caramel" Sauce:
- 1 Tablespoon SunButter or almond butter
- 2 Tablespoons pure maple syrup
- In a medium-sized microwave safe bowl, combine the oats, water, and almond milk and microwave on high for 2-1/2 minutes. Allow to sit for a minute or 2 to cool a bit and thicken up
- Stir the salt, vanilla, and 1/2 the package of Salted Caramel Nibbles into the oatmeal
- Mix together your "caramel" sauce by stirring together the SunButter and maple syrup until smooth
- Stir half of the caramel sauce into the oatmeal, then drizzle the rest of the caramel sauce on top of the oatmeal
- Sprinkle the rest of the Salted Caramel Nibbles on top of the oatmeal
- Serve immediately - Enjoy!
If you haven’t tried the Nakd Nibbles yet, now’s your chance: I’m giving away some Nakd Nibbles! There will be 2 winners who will each receive a mixed box of Nibbles in the 4 flavors shown above. All you have to do is enter to win below!
a Rafflecopter giveaway