Dairy Free Classic Greek Salad (Vegan and Low Carb)
Serve this creamy and cool Classic Greek Salad with your favorite summer main dish. This simple but flavorful salad is grain free, dairy free, and low carb!Makes 3 cups salad, about 6, 1/2-cup servings.Grain free, dairy free, vegan; Free of: peanuts, tree nuts (except coconut), soy,
Servings 6 servings
- 1.5 cups chopped and seeded cucumber, unpeeled
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup pitted and sliced kalamata olives
- 1.5 ounces dairy free feta cheese, crumbled or chopped (I use Violife)
- 1 Tablespoon kalamata olive juice (from the jar)
- 1 Tablespoon sliced chives or green onions
- 1 teaspoon loose packed fresh thyme leaves, rubbed
- 1 teaspoon loose packed minced fresh basil
- zest of 1/2 lemon
- Salt, pepper, garlic powder (to taste)
Remove seeds from your cucumber and chop (peeling your cucumber is optional) and add it to a large bowl.
Halve the grape tomatoes and add the large bowl along with the other ingredients and stir to mix.
You can serve the salad immediately, or chill for several hours to let the flavors meld together.
If you don't want your salad creamy, add the feta crumbles on top of the salad before serving rather than mixing it into the salad.
Store in the fridge for up to 2 days.
Calories: 55kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 240mg | Potassium: 104mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 315IU | Vitamin C: 5.3mg | Calcium: 13mg | Iron: 0.3mg