If you tend to overdo it during the days around Halloween, here are a few diet tips for surviving Halloween without ruining your diet
Fortunately for us, we don’t get trick or treaters around our neighborhood (we kind a live in the boonies) so we don’t buy candy to hand out to kids. But the grocery store temptations are there nonetheless.
Hence my lost battle with the candy corn, one of my Halloween candies.
Here’s a quickie post with 7 Diet Tips for Surviving Halloween (With Your Sanity Intact):
Diet Tips for Surviving Halloween
- Don’t buy candy you don’t need.
- If you must buy candy, keep it out of eyesight and immediate reach.
- If you can’t stop at just one piece of candy and tend to binge, you may need to avoid eating any candy.
- When Halloween is over, get rid of the extra candy ASAP
- Trade your candy for healthier treats like dried fruit or KIND bars
- Eat a nutritious and satisfying meal before trick or treating
- If you mess up or “fall off the wagon”, don’t throw in the towel. Start fresh again the following day
And here’s a recipe from my other blog, The Fit Cookie, for a healthy and super easy Halloween treat that was a big hit with my kids! Get the recipe for my healthier Chocolate Fruit Bugs (vegan, gluten free, Paleo, and allergy friendly!)
Sarah Jane Parker is the founder, recipe creator, and photographer behind The Fit Cookie. She’s a food allergy mom and healthy living blogger based in Wyoming. Sarah is also an ACSM Certified Personal Trainer, ACE Certified Health Coach, Revolution Running certified running coach, and an ACE Certified Fitness Nutrition Specialist