Remember my post from Monday about the NOW Foods Immersion Event recap? I shared some of the food that we had while we were on that trip. The NOW people fed us really well! If you were drooling over those yummy looking goodies I had, then Sarah to the rescue: here are the recipes for ALL of the awesome treats we had at the NOW Foods facility! Brace yourself – there are 7 recipes in this post so you might want to pin this for later 😉
These photos and recipes aren’t in order from the time we spent over at the NOW facility, but they are great nonetheless! All of these recipes were created by NOW Foods and I’m sharing with permission. And, don’t forget to enter my NOW Foods giveaway that ends next weekend!
When we first walked into the hotel upon our arrival at the Hilton Indian Lakes Resort, some of the wonderful people from NOW Foods greeted us with this Heavenly Hibiscus Sangria Mocktail. Delicious, fruity, and refreshing after a long day of flights and airports!
Heavenly Hibiscus Sangria (Mocktail)
- 3 cups boiling water
- 2 NOW Real Tea® Heavenly HibiscusTM tea bags 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 Star Anise pod
- 3 cups pomegranate juice
- 1 cup orange juice
- 5 drops BetterSteviaTM Pomegranate Blueberry Liquid 1⁄4 cup NOW® Organic Mangosteen Juice
- 6 strawberries, chopped
- 2 oranges, sliced into 10 rounds
- 2 limes, sliced into 10 rounds
- 4 cups carbonated water
- In a large saucepan with 3 cups of boiling water, steep Heavenly Hibiscus tea bags, cinnamon stick, and Star Anise for 5 minutes.
- Strain the liquid and discard the tea bags, cinnamon stick, and star anise.
- In a large pitcher, combine hibiscus liquid with pomegranate juice, orange juice,BetterStevia® liquid, Mangoni juice, and fruit, and store overnight in the refrigerator.
- Prior to serving, stir in carbonated water and enjoy
After our really awesome oil tasting where Wendy Bazillion taught us how to properly taste gourmet oils, we had these delicious and filling green smoothies created by the lovely Chef Suzie and Chef Maggie.
Green Chia Smoothie
- 1 cup organic banana
- 1 cup organic kale leaves
- 3⁄4 cup hemp milk
- 3⁄4 cup ice
- 1⁄2 cup organic spinach
- 1⁄4 cup organic avocado
- 1⁄4 cup NOW Real Food® Organic Raw Sunflower Seeds 1 tbsp NOW Real Food® White Chia Seed Meal
- 1 tbsp NOW Real Food® Organic Golden Flax Seed Meal 2 drops BetterSteviaTM Lemon Twist Liquid
- In a blender, combine all smoothie ingredients.
- Blend at medium speed until smooth. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Rolling those tempting Snickerdoodle cookies and getting them ready to bake. I didn’t get really good photos of the gluten-free snickerdoodle cookies our group made, they were quite perfect looking. These have eggs in them, so I wasn’t able to eat these, but I need to try and re-make this recipe to be egg-free soon. But until then here’s the original recipe:
Gluten-Free Snickerdoodle Cookies
Makes 12 Cookies
- 1⁄2 cup NOW Real Food® Organic Virgin Coconut Oil, solid 1 cup NOW Real Food® Organic Turbinado Sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups Living Now® Organic White Rice Flour
- 2 tsp. cream of tartar
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 350° F (325° F convection).
- In a large bowl cream coconut oil with turbinado sugar until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Whisk in eggs until mixture has a uniform consistency throughout.
- In a separate bowl, sift white rice flour, cream of tartar, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt.
- Add flour mixture into coconut oil mixture and combine until dough is formed.
- Roll dough into 1 inch balls and place on cookie sheet, 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10 to12 minutes.
- Cool for 5 minutes and enjoy!
The other group of bloggers whipped up a big batch of Oatmeal Goldenberry Cookies (not gluten-free but still amazing looking!)
The Ultimate Organic Oatmeal and Goldenberry Cookie
Makes 4 Dozen Cookies
- 1 cup NOW® Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
- 1 cup NOW Real FoodTM Organic Turbinado Sugar 1 cup NOW Real Food® Organic Coconut Sugar 2 large organic eggs
- 2 tsp Ellyndale® Organic Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup NOW Real Food® GoldenBerries, chopped 2 cups Organic All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup NOW Real FoodTM Organic Rolled Oats
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- Preheat oven to at 350F.
- In a mixing bowl combine coconut oil, turbinado sugar, and brown sugar until the mixture is fluffy.
- Add 2 large eggs and vanilla extract and mix until you have an even consistency.
- Fold in all dry ingredients, including Goldenberries and Oats until you have a homogenous mixture.
- Place in freezer for a minimum of 30 minutes.
- Form 1⁄2 inch balls on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake 10-15 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Right before our early morning spin class at Lifetime Fitness, NOW treated us to these yummy little bars that tasted like banana bread. Yum yum 😉 I ate half before the spin class and the rest after so I wouldn’t have too much in my stomach during the workout.
Coconut Flax Crunch Bars
- 2 tbsp NOW Real Food® White Chia Seed Meal
- 2 tbsp NOW Real Food® Organic Golden Flax Seed Meal 1 tbsp NOW® Sports Sprouted Brown Rice Protein
- 3⁄4 cup NOW Real Food® Tropical Fruit Dices
- 1⁄2 cup brewed NOW Real Tea® PomeGreenateTM Tea
- 1 cup NOW Real Food® Organic Rolled Oats
- 1⁄2 cup NOW Real Food® Macadamia Nuts, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup NOW Real Food® Organic Hemp Seed Hearts
- 3⁄4 cup NOW Real Food® Organic Coconut Sugar
- 1 cup Living NowTM Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour
- 1⁄2 tsp nutmeg
- 1⁄2 tsp sea salt
- 1 banana
- 1⁄2 cup Ellyndale OrganicsTM Canola Oil
- 1⁄4 cup NOW Real Food® Grade B Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp NOW Real Food® Certified Organic Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 350 F (325 convection). Line quarter sheet pan with parchment paper.
- In large bowl, combine flax meal, chia meal, brown rice protein, and tropical fruit dices.
- Pour tea over mixture, stir well and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine oats, macadamia nuts, hemp seed hearts, coconut sugar, flour, nutmeg, and salt.
- In another bowl, mash the banana. Stir in canola oil, maple syrup, and vanilla extract.
- Add banana mixture to flax/chia mixture.
- Once all wet ingredients are well mixed, fold into dry ingredients until fully incorporated.
- Spread mixture onto sheet pan so that the granola bars are 1⁄2 inch tall.
- Place in oven for 25 minutes.
- Allow granola to cool for 30 minutes or until it has firmed but it still soft to the touch.
- To remove from the pan, run a sharp knife along the edges to make sure granola has loosened. Over a clean table or cutting board, flip sheet pan upside down, and tap to
- release granola.
- Cut into 4 inch bars and serve.
Cinnamon Chocolate Protein Shakes (photo courtesy NOW Foods Instagram)
After our workout, we were given the Cinnamon Chocolate Protein Shake in a cool NOW shaker cup with compartments, super handy! I couldn’t have the shake because it had dairy in it, but everyone said it tasted awesome. I swapped out the milk in this recipe to make it dairy-free 🙂
Cinnamon Chocolate Protein Shake
- 1 1⁄2 cups almond, rice, or coconut milk
- 1⁄4 cup NOW® Sports Plant Protein Complex
- 2 tsp. NOW® Organic Cocoa Powder
- 1 tsp. NOW Real FoodTM Organic Turbinado sugar 1 drop BetterStevia® Cinnamon Vanilla Liquid
- Place all ingredients in protein shaker and shake well for 30 seconds, until consistency is uniform.
- Serve chilled and enjoy before a workout for extra energy or after for swifter recovery.
During our time at the Culinary Innovation Center (aka the NOW Foods test kitchen), they gave us some warm Slender Chai Tea. I didn’t get to try this one since it had milk in it, but I swapped out the dairy milk for non-dairy milk in this recipe
Slender Chai Tea
Makes 1 Cup
- 3⁄4 cup almond, rice, or coconut milk
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 bag NOW Real Tea® Slender Chai
- 1 tsp NOW Real FoodTM Organic Turbinado sugar
- Place all ingredients in a pot over medium heat.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low.
- Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Serve warm or chill over ice.