Get the recipes from the treats we had at the NOW Foods Event! NOW Foods is sharing their recipes from the immersion event
Remember my post from Monday about the NOW Foods Immersion Event recap? I shared some of the food that we had while we were on that trip. The NOW people fed us really well! If you were drooling over those yummy looking goodies I had, then Sarah to the rescue: here are the recipes for ALL of the awesome treats we had at the NOW Foods facility! Brace yourself – there are 7 recipes in this post so you might want to pin this for later 😉
These photos and recipes aren’t in order from the time we spent over at the NOW facility, but they are great nonetheless! All of these recipes were created by NOW Foods and I’m sharing with permission. And, don’t forget to enter my NOW Foods giveaway that ends next weekend!
When we first walked into the hotel upon our arrival at the Hilton Indian Lakes Resort, some of the wonderful people from NOW Foods greeted us with this Heavenly Hibiscus Sangria Mocktail. Delicious, fruity, and refreshing after a long day of flights and airports!
Heavenly Hibiscus Sangria Mocktail
- 3 cups boiling water
- 2 NOW Real Tea® Heavenly HibiscusTM tea bags
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 star anise pod
- 3 cups pomegranate juice
- 1 cup orange juice
- 5 drops BetterSteviaTM Pomegranate Blueberry Liquid
- ¼ cup NOW® Organic Mangosteen Juice
- 6 strawberries chopped
- 2 oranges sliced into 10 rounds
- 2 limes sliced into 10 rounds
- 4 cups carbonated water
- In a large saucepan with 3 cups of boiling water, steep Heavenly Hibiscus tea bags, cinnamon stick, and Star Anise for 5 minutes.
- Strain the liquid and discard the tea bags, cinnamon stick, and star anise.
- In a large pitcher, combine hibiscus liquid with pomegranate juice, orange juice,BetterStevia® liquid, Mangoni juice, and fruit, and store overnight in the refrigerator.
- Prior to serving, stir in carbonated water and enjoy
Green Chia Smoothie
When we sat down to chat listen to the chefs and nutritionist talk about their healthier cooking with NOW Foods, they gave everyone these yummy Green Chia Smoothies while we listened. Then we followed it up with an oil tasting.
- 1 cup banana
- 1 cup kale leaves
- ¾ cup hemp milk
- ¾ cup ice
- ½ cup spinach
- ¼ cup avocado
- ¼ cup NOW Real Food® Organic Raw Sunflower Seeds
- 1 tbsp NOW Real Food® Organic Golden Flax Seed Meal
- 1 Tablespoon NOW Real Food® White Chia Seed Meal
- 2 drops BetterStevia Lemon Twist Liquid
- In a blender, combine all smoothie ingredients.
- Blend at medium speed until smooth. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Cinnamon Chocolate Protein Shake
After our workout, we were given the Cinnamon Chocolate Protein Shake in a cool NOW shaker cup with compartments, super handy! I couldn’t have the shake because it had dairy in it, but everyone said it tasted awesome. I swapped out the milk in this recipe to make it dairy-free 🙂
Cinnamon Chocolate Protein Shake
- 1 ½ cups non-dairy milk of choice (almond, rice, coconut)
- ¼ cup NOW® Sports Plant Protein Complex
- 2 teaspoons NOW® Organic Cocoa Powder
- 1 teaspoons NOW Real FoodTM Organic Turbinado sugar
- 1 drop BetterStevia® Cinnamon Vanilla Liquid
- Place all ingredients in protein shaker and shake well for 30 seconds, until consistency is uniform.
- Serve chilled and enjoy before a workout for extra energy or after for swifter recovery.
Slender Chai Tea
During our time at the Culinary Innovation Center (aka the NOW Foods test kitchen), they gave us some warm Slender Chai Tea. I didn’t get to try this one since it had milk in it, but I swapped out the dairy milk for non-dairy milk in this recipe
Give these recipes a try and share them on social media with the hashtag #NOWGetFit!
- ¾ cup non-dairy milk (almond, rice, coconut)
- ½ cup water
- 1 bag NOW Real Tea® Slender Chai
- 1 teaspoon NOW Real FoodTM Organic Turbinado sugar
- Place all ingredients in a pot over medium heat.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low.
- Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Serve warm or chill over ice.
Sarah Jane Parker is the founder, recipe creator, and photographer behind The Fit Cookie. She’s a food allergy mom and healthy living blogger based in Wyoming. Sarah is also an ACSM Certified Personal Trainer, ACE Certified Health Coach, Revolution Running certified running coach, and an ACE Certified Fitness Nutrition Specialist