This delicious Dairy Free Creamy Chicken Rice Soup is the perfect weeknight comfort food meal, and it’s free of gluten, and soy!
This Creamy Chicken Rice Soup is filling and perfect for a chilly winter night. Because this soup is a perfect blend of protein, complex carbohydrates, and healthy fats, you don’t really need to cook anything else with it, except maybe for more veggies!
Dairy Free Creamy Chicken Rice Soup (Gluten Free)
Gluten free, dairy free; Free of: eggs, soy, peanuts
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 5 medium carrots peeled and sliced
- 1 pound chicken breast cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1/4 cup canned coconut milk
- 2 cup cooked brown rice, or wild rice
- 2 Tablespoons brown rice flour
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil a large pot on the stove. Chop the onion and cut up the carrots and saute in the pot. Next, add the chicken and the garlic to the pot and cook until the chicken is cooked through.
- Add 2 cups chicken stock and rice to the pot. Place 1 cup chicken stock in a small bowl and add the coconut milk and rice flour and whisk well until blended. Add all of the seasonings to the stock mixture and whisk again. Add this stock mixture to the soup pot and stir until blended.
- Bring the soup to a simmer and cook until the carrots are softened and the soup has thickened. Serve hot and enjoy!
Sarah Jane Parker is the founder, recipe creator, and photographer behind The Fit Cookie. She’s a food allergy mom and healthy living blogger based in Wyoming. Sarah is also an ACSM Certified Personal Trainer, ACE Certified Health Coach, Revolution Running certified running coach, and an ACE Certified Fitness Nutrition Specialist