Make these Garlic Roasted Rainbow Carrots as an easy and colorful side dish for holiday meals or weeknight dinners! This dish is also paleo, vegan, and nut free
Do you like grocery shopping? Some people love it and some people hate it.
I’m one of those odd people who usually loves grocery shopping, unless the store is too crowded. Some of our stores carry new things regularly, so it’s fun to find interesting new foods and products to try. It gives me inspiration for new blog post and recipes, too!
Since we live in a smallish town in Wyoming (small to bigger city folks, but still one of the bigger towns in Wyoming), it sometimes takes a little longer to get unique and trendy food things here unless we drive 4-1/2 hours to the nearest Whole Foods.
Like rainbow carrots. I’ve seen rainbow carrots on blogs before, but hadn’t seen them in town much until recently. I always thought the purple carrots looked amazing, and I’ve always wanted to get some here and make something out of them.
As soon as I saw the rainbow carrots at one of our stores, I knew exactly what I wanted to make out of them: Garlic Roasted Rainbow Carrots.
This is my favorite way of roasting all kinds of veggies and potatoes: toss with some oil and spices, and roast in the oven on a sheet pan. So easy and delicious! I’ve cooked broccoli this way, along with potatoes, sweet potatoes, brussels sprouts, and everything in between (including chicken).
If you are looking for a colorful and delicious side dish for your next holiday gathering, or an easy side dish for weeknights, this is the perfect recipe.
Hint: if you want to make this even faster to make, get the rainbow baby carrots and cut them into halves instead of using the big carrots. It will save you the time of peeling the big ones 🙂
Garlic Roasted Rainbow Carrots (Paleo & Vegan)
Vegan, paleo, gluten free, nut free
- 1.5 pounds large rainbow carrots, peeled and ends cut
- 1.5 Tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cloved fresh garlic, minced/pressed
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt (+ more to taste)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Prepare a baking pan by brushing 1/2 Tablespoon olive oil on the bottom of the pan, OR by spraying the bottom of the pan with oil. Set aside.
- Once the carrots are peeled and trimmed, cut the carrots in to pieces about 2-3 inches long and 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick.
- Add the carrots to a large bowl, and add the remaining 1 Tablespoon oil, garlic, onion powder, black pepper, and salt.
- Spread the carrots into a single layer on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 11 minutes. Stir the carrots on the pan, then roast again for 11 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and serve hot. Enjoy!
Sarah Jane Parker is the founder, recipe creator, and photographer behind The Fit Cookie. She’s a food allergy mom and healthy living blogger based in Wyoming. Sarah is also an ACSM Certified Personal Trainer, ACE Certified Health Coach, Revolution Running certified running coach, and an ACE Certified Fitness Nutrition Specialist