Whip up omelets quickly and easily with the Lékué Omelet maker! Ty out my Easy Red Pepper and Gruyere Omelet for a healthy breakfast
Who would have thought “easy” and “omelet” could be in the same sentence? Yes, an easy-to-make omelet is possible! Since we could all use a little help around the kitchen now and then, I got a cool new gadget that helps make omelets easier!
Just a month or two ago I joined forces with Around the Plate as a thePlate Boutique Gadget Guru, and this cool omelet maker was the first gadget our little band of Gadget Gurus got to review!
So what’s this new thingamajig that makes omelets easy? It’s a silicone omelet maker for your microwave. The Lékué omelet maker is super simple: no batteries or cords needed, and you can get it from The Plate Boutique for a budget-friendly $15 (plus there’s a discount code at the end of this post!).
This kitchen gadget makes whipping up omelets easy! While the kids and I can’t eat eggs because of food allergies, my husband likes eating omelets, but he doesn’t know how to make them very well. With the omelet maker, we can make an omelet in around 5 minutes give or take a couple minutes for prep, and my husband can make them easily on his own too. It’s pretty cool!
Here are some of the great features of the Lékué Omelet maker (which is made in Spain):
- Microwave safe
- Made of 100% platinum silicone
- BPA Free
- Oven safe
- Dishwasher safe
- Freezer safe
Because this is microwaveable, the Lékué Omelet maker is great for busy people who still want to eat better. Just remember to put the eggs in the deeper side of the omelet maker. There are two sides – a deeper side and a shallower side, make sure your eggs go in the deeper side or there will be a mess (speaking from experience…).
And it helps to put a paper towel under the omelet maker in the microwave as the steam from the vegetables can escape and get your microwave plate wet.
Without further ado, here’s the recipe for the nice-looking Gruyere omelet I made for my husband the other day. Enjoy!
Easy Red Pepper and Gruyere Omelet
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 Tablespoon diced shallot
- 1 Tablespoon oil of choice
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tablespoon milk
- Pepper to taste
- 2 Tablespoons grated Gruyere cheese
- 1 Tablespoon sliced green onion
- Place the chopped bell pepper and diced shallot in the deeper part of the Lékué Omelet maker and pour the oil over the vegetables.
- Close the omelet maker and microwave for 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the eggs, milk, and black pepper until well blended.
- Remove the omelet maker and pour the egg/milk mixture into the deeper well to cover the vegetables.
- Return omelet maker to microwave and cook 2 more minutes. The eggs will puff up slightly, but this is normal.
- Flip omelet maker over and cook another 30 seconds.
- Remove omelet from maker (careful, it's hot and steamy!) and place on a plate. Top with gruyere cheese and green onions.
Sarah Jane Parker is the founder, recipe creator, and photographer behind The Fit Cookie. She’s a food allergy mom and healthy living blogger based in Wyoming. Sarah is also an ACSM Certified Personal Trainer, ACE Certified Health Coach, Revolution Running certified running coach, and an ACE Certified Fitness Nutrition Specialist