Get your healthy chocolate fix with these awesome Gluten Free Double Chocolate Muffins! You can make these for breakfast, snacks, or dessert, and they are gluten free and vegan
These are one of my favorite treats! I adapted this recipe from a Bethany Frankel recipe which was originally low-gluten and vegan anyway. I have made these muffins for several years now and they are still one of my favorites.
These really can’t be called cupcakes I suppose, but they still make a delicious dessert! The pumpkin makes these muffins moist and fudgy without too much fat from adding additional oil. The next time you have chocolate cravings, give these Gluten Free Double Chocolate Muffins a try!
Gluten Free Double Chocolate Muffins (Vegan)
Gluten free, vegan; Free of: soy, peanuts, eggs, dairy
- Preheat oven to 350˚ F and line a muffin tin with muffin liners.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together sugar, pumpkin, vanilla, and oil until combined.
- In a large bowl, whisk together rice flour, chia meal, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt until well combined.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir well. Add in the chocolate chips and stir until combined.
- Divide batter evenly into 12 muffin cups (the muffin cups will be full). Bake for 20-25 minutes or until set. Remove from the oven and let cool on a wire rack. These taste better once they have completely cooled. Enjoy!
Sarah Jane Parker is the founder, recipe creator, and photographer behind The Fit Cookie. She’s a food allergy mom and healthy living blogger based in Wyoming. Sarah is also an ACSM Certified Personal Trainer, ACE Certified Health Coach, Revolution Running certified running coach, and an ACE Certified Fitness Nutrition Specialist