This Gluten Free and Vegan Maple SunButter Granola recipe is great for meal prep! Batch cook this on the weekend and have breakfast all week
I love granola. The crunchy, sweet goodness of whole grains and nuts is so satisfying! My mom used to make granola when I was growing up, and it was one of my favorite breakfasts (especially when it was made with peanut butter!).
My mom was certainly on to something: homemade granola is an inexpensive breakfast option that is healthy and easy to make. Here is a basic, allergy-friendly granola recipe that can easily be customized to suit your tastes : )
Maple SunButter Granola (Gluten and Dairy Free)
- 2 cups old fashioned gluten free oats
- ¼ cup ground flaxseed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup SunButter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Optional dried fruit mix-ins: raisins or craisins
- Preheat oven to 350° F
- In a large bowl, mix together the gluten-free oats, flax meal, salt, coconut, and sunflower seeds until mixed well
- In a smaller bowl, mix together the maple syrup, SunButter, and vanilla until well blended
- Mix the maple/Sunbutter blend into the dry ingredients until the oats are well coated
- Spread the granola on a cookie sheet/jelly roll pan and bake in the oven about 15-20 minutes until golden brown. Stir halfway through (after about 10 minutes) to promote even cooking and prevent burning
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely
- Stir in your favorite dried fruit if using (about 1/2 cup, to your preference)
- Pour granola into a large airtight container. It is best to store this in the fridge since it has flaxseed in it
Sarah Jane Parker is the founder, recipe creator, and photographer behind The Fit Cookie. She’s a food allergy mom and healthy living blogger based in Wyoming. Sarah is also an ACSM Certified Personal Trainer, ACE Certified Health Coach, Revolution Running certified running coach, and an ACE Certified Fitness Nutrition Specialist
5 thoughts on “Gluten Free Maple SunButter Granola (Dairy Free)”
I can’t seem to get your granola recipe. Can you send I to me? Thank you!
Hi Kate, thanks for letting me know the recipe was missing! I have been having troubles with one of my old recipe plugins and it has been deleting recipes. I went ahead and added my recipe back into the post so it should be there now 🙂
This is delicious! I used homemade sunflower seed butter (leftover from a cookie recipe) and ground flaxseeds. I forgot both the salt and vanilla, but it turned out great without them. Thanks for the recipe!
You are welcome, Abby! 🙂
Again, thanks for your input. My reasoning is based on science, not semantics. If any friend makes a recipe for your family, you should always ask what is in it. However, in keeping with FDA regulations, I will remove the label “nut-free”. If you have any more concerns, please send me an email.