Finally: another salad recipe!
It’s been a while since I have posted a salad recipe. I actually don’t post enough salad recipes, which is ironic since I’m a health and fitness blogger. You’d think these pages would have dozens of salad recipes but that’s not quite the case. I love salads, I do, but I also love baking. Most times I have salads I just throw together whatever I have around the house. It’s hard to name salads like that and make them look good for photos… Kitchen sink salad, anyone?
Even though I don’t post a ton of salad recipes, I still love them and think they are a great way to get more veggies in your diet (just like smoothies can). You can get just about an entire day’s worth of veggies and fruit in one salad!
Sooo, Blue Diamond Almonds has a new flavor: Sriracha! All you Sriracha-lovers out there will eat up this flavor, it’s amazing. I think this one is one of our new favorite flavors (along with the Habañero BBQ and the Honey Dijon Blue Diamond flavors). They have the best flavors!
As soon as Blue Diamond Almonds sent me their new Sriracha flavor to try out I knew what to do with it: make an awesome summer salad. I needed some more salad recipes on the blog and those almonds make a perfect salad topper. Topping your salad with flavored almonds is such a great way to add some flavor without drowning your salad in dressing.
The Sriracha flavor Blue Diamond Almonds are definitely a must-try flavor! Just the right amount of spice (not too much) so these are pretty addictive
And I know that Sriracha is really a Thai sauce, but I love the Sriracha almonds with this Mexican-inspired salad. It’s perfect! The dressing is a twist on my Tahini Basil Ranch dressing with a few changes for different flavors.
Don’t be afraid to mix flavors in your foods. Sometimes those experiments don’t work out, but sometimes they taste amazing, like this salad. You won’t know until you try it!
Easy Sriracha Chicken Salad
Makes 1 big salad
Gluten-free, grain free; Free of: dairy, eggs, soy, peanuts
- 2 cups chopped leaf lettuce
- 1/3 cup chopped jicama
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped grilled chicken breast or chopped rotisserie chicken
- 2-3 Tablespoons Blue Diamond Sriracha almonds
- 2-4 Tablespoons water or unsweetened & unflavored non-dairy milk of choice
- 2 Tablespoons thick sesame tahini
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- Dash salt and cayenne
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- Sriracha, to taste
- Toss everything together in a bowl or layer them on top in a pattern.
- Make the dressing: add all ingredients to a mini blender or NutriBullet and blend well
- Add more water to the dressing to make it as thick or as thin as you like