Break out of lunchtime boredom with this easy and healthy Thai Cucumber Chicken Salad! This is gluten free, grain free, and free of peanuts and soy
Hi, friends, it’s time for our monthly Recipe Redux! April’s theme for Recipe Redux is all about lunches, so you’ll be able to find some great lunch ideas this month. My lunches are’t usually the same thing every day (typically leftovers), but I am always in need of inspiration for more creative dishes, so these recipe challenges are always fun!
Limpin’ Along for Lunch
Ever get in a lunch rut? Need new ideas for packing your kids’ or your own lunch? Are packable noontime options dwindling? Surely you’ve met the ‘What shall I pack for lunch?” question head-on with creative ideas. Please share your healthy lunch recipe – so we can swap it into our own rotation.
Since this April has been pretty warm here (mostly), I wanted to share a light and fresh dish perfect for spring! My typical lunch routine is leftovers from dinner the night before, so I decided to whip something a bit more interesting. I still used leftover chicken, so I guess this is still “leftovers”, but better! If you don’t have chicken on hand to toss in this salad, you can use any protein you like, or you can make this meatless with no chicken at all. You pick!
Originally I was going to make a Buddha bowl, but this didn’t fit the hippie bowl idea very well since this has no grains or nuts and it’s not vegetarian. Soooo, it’s really a nice-looking salad without the leafy greens! This salad is super duper simple to make (my favorite kind of food!) and it will hold up pretty well in a lunch box. This would be a fun salad to put in a jar if you like to take jar salads with you for lunch.
Check out our other salad recipes:
- Classic Dairy Free Greek Salad
- Warm Garlic Herb Red Potato Salad
- Smoked Salmon Salad
- Thai Cucumber Chicken Salad
- Light and Zesty Shrimp Salad
- Paleo Basil Cashew Chicken Salad
- Strawberry Breakfast Salad
- Quick and Easy Avocado Chicken Salad
- Fresh Cilantro Lime Quinoa Salad
Thai Cucumber Chicken Salad (Grain Free)
- 1/3-1/2 large English cucumber
- 1 medium-sized carrot peeled
- 3 ounces chopped or shredded chicken I used leftover homemade baked BBQ chicken thighs
- Spiralize the cucumber and carrot into a large bowl, and top with chopped or shredded chicken
- In a small bowl or cup, whisk together the SunButter, coconut aminos, and sesame seed oil
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad and serve immediately or pack salad in a container for lunch and store the dressing in a separate container until ready to eat
Sarah Jane Parker is the founder, recipe creator, and photographer behind The Fit Cookie. She’s a food allergy mom and healthy living blogger based in Wyoming. Sarah is also an ACSM Certified Personal Trainer, ACE Certified Health Coach, Revolution Running certified running coach, and an ACE Certified Fitness Nutrition Specialist