These Almond Snow Ball Truffles (aka Almond Coconut Bites) are the perfect healthy treat with only 5 ingredients. They are perfect for snacks or even homemade gifts! This Almond Snow Ball Truffles recipe was first featured as my guest post on Awakened Nutrition
Wow, it’s December already! If you are anything like me, the month of December has crept up on you. I’m not sure why this happens – it’s not like I don’t have a calendar or something.
But I suppose I have been busier lately and haven’t given enough thought to Christmas. I might end up being one of those frazzled last minute shoppers!
No worries! I whipped up a fast and healthy dessert recipe just for you that is perfect for the busy holiday season. Whether you need a dessert for dinner guests or need to create a last minute gift, these truffles fit the bill!
Have fun with this recipe: use cashews instead of almonds, or dried apricots in place of dates, or even throw in some mini chocolate chips!
- 1/2 cup almonds I like oven roasted
- 2/3 cup dates
- 1-2 Tablespoon almond butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/3 cup unsweetened coconut shredded fine
- Place almonds and dates in a food processor and process until course.
- Add almond butter and vanilla and process again until mixed well and processed a bit more and it starts to stick together.
- Roll the dough into 16 balls, then roll each ball in the coconut.
- Enjoy! Store in the fridge