Shake up your workout routine with this simple but effective Lean Legs and Great Glutes workout! Do this workout a couple times a week for great results
This Lean Legs and Great Glutes Workout is a great one to recharge your exercise routine and target your legs! The goal with this workout is to target the endurance muscles of your legs with higher reps and sets. This encourages endurance muscle development rather than hypertrophy, so you can get strong legs without too much bulk.
Some tips for a great workout:
- Vary your stance with the each set of squats: narrow stance, wide stance, plie, and regular hip width stance. This hits the same muscles from different angles so you can get a thorough workout.
- If you are looking for an even greater challenge, try doing 4 sets of 20 reps, or doing 5 sets of 15 reps.
- Try using weight for all of these exercises, except for the jump lunges
- Use enough weight that you will be fatigued at the end of each exercise.
- Don’t forget to eat clean to see results!
- Do this routine 1-2x/week for about 6 weeks, then switch it up; keep your body guessing!
I added a back extension to this routine to help work the low back – which is tied in to your glutes. If you want great glutes, you need to make sure you are working your low back as well. This tones the upper part of your glutes, giving you a nice definition in your upper gluteus muscles.
I did this one yesterday and I am pleasantly sore today (yes, that sounds like an oxymoron!).
Sarah Jane Parker is the founder, recipe creator, and photographer behind The Fit Cookie. She’s a food allergy mom and healthy living blogger based in Wyoming. Sarah is also an ACSM Certified Personal Trainer, ACE Certified Health Coach, Revolution Running certified running coach, and an ACE Certified Fitness Nutrition Specialist
10 thoughts on “Lean Legs and Great Glutes Workout”
This post is in honor of the VS runway show tonight now isn’t it? LOL! That’s what my post is about, HA HA HA! Oh but wait, I probably won’t even watch it. lol
Well, no, but now that you mentioned it…I never watch it but since I read your post I am thinking about tuning in!
I will be trying this for sure. My booty (or lack there of) could use some serious help!
I LOVE this leg and glute workout! I just pinned!
Sounds great (and exhausting) I’ll be trying it for sure!
Thanks for the workout! Can’t get enough of the booty routines! haha
I love leg and glute routines! I think they are my favorite : )
This looks awesome! Thanks! But your twitter link isn’t working 🙁
Oh no! Thanks for the heads up – I will fix it!
This looks like a great one!! I love your tips! Have a super day!! Spa <3