Make up some healthy candy bars with this recipe for Almond Butter Crunch Candy Bars, they’re easy to make, gluten free and vegan!
Hi everyone! I wanted to share my recipe for Almond-Butter Crunch Candy Bars that I created for the Attune Foods Recipe Contest!
This one is in the Vegan category, but it is also gluten-free, soy free and cane-sugar free, too!
Check out my recipe, and don’t forget to submit some of your own goodies to the recipe contest!
Almond Butter Crunch Candy Bars (Gluten Free and Vegan)
- In a medium bowl, stir together the almond butter, agave, and vanilla. Mix well.
- Place almonds in a spice or coffee grinder with flat blades and grind almonds until course. Mix the ground almonds into the almond butter mixture.
- Place the Crispy Brown Rice Cereal in a ziploc bag and crush thoroughly. Add the crushed cereal to the almond butter mixture and mix together. A stiff dough should form.
- Shape the almond-butter dough into small candy bars about 1-1/2" x 1/2" in size. Set aside.
- Heat the chocolate chips in a small bowl 30 seconds at a time in the microwave until melted. Stir the coconut oil into the chocolate to help thin out the chocolate a bit for easier dipping and drizzling. Dip the bottom of each candy bar in the chocolate and place on a waxed paper-lined cookie sheet.
- Drizzle the remaining chocolate over the tops of the candy bars. Refrigerate until the chocolate is firm. Enjoy! Store in the fridge.
Sarah Jane Parker is the founder, recipe creator, and photographer behind The Fit Cookie. She’s a food allergy mom and healthy living blogger based in Wyoming. Sarah is also an ACSM Certified Personal Trainer, ACE Certified Health Coach, Revolution Running certified running coach, and an ACE Certified Fitness Nutrition Specialist