Make up some healthy candy bars with this recipe for Almond Butter Crunch Candy Bars, they’re easy to make, gluten free and vegan!
Hi everyone! I wanted to share my recipe for Almond-Butter Crunch Candy Bars that I created for the Attune Foods Recipe Contest!
I have some great things coming your way soon, but first I wanted to share some exciting news: my Almond Butter Crunch Candy Bar recipe won the vegan category of the Attune Healthy Holidays Recipe Contest!
I entered the contest in December and they chose my recipe as a winner in the vegan category! As you know, I am not vegan, but many of my recipes are vegan because of our multiple food allergies, and this recipe was a perfect match for the contest!
These candy bars are mouth watering. Okay, I might be a little biased, but they are super-yummy! I think I ate all of these candy bars in 2 days (or less)…by myself…Well, they are healthy ; )
The vegan portion of the recipe contest was judged by Kathy Patalsky of Healthy Happy Life. Thanks, Kathy, for choosing my recipe! You can watch Kathy’s contest video here.
This one is in the Vegan category, but it is also gluten-free, soy free and cane-sugar free, too!
Check out my recipe, and don’t forget to submit some of your own goodies to the recipe contest!
Almond Butter Crunch Candy Bars (Gluten Free and Vegan)
- ¼ cup creamy almond butter
- 2 Tablespoons agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup almonds oven roasted
- ⅔ cup crispy brown rice cereal crushed
- ⅓ cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- In a medium bowl, stir together the almond butter, agave, and vanilla. Mix well.
- Place almonds in a spice or coffee grinder with flat blades and grind almonds until course. Mix the ground almonds into the almond butter mixture.
- Place the Crispy Brown Rice Cereal in a ziploc bag and crush thoroughly. Add the crushed cereal to the almond butter mixture and mix together. A stiff dough should form.
- Shape the almond-butter dough into small candy bars about 1-1/2″ x 1/2″ in size. Set aside.
- Heat the chocolate chips in a small bowl 30 seconds at a time in the microwave until melted. Stir the coconut oil into the chocolate to help thin out the chocolate a bit for easier dipping and drizzling. Dip the bottom of each candy bar in the chocolate and place on a waxed paper-lined cookie sheet.
- Drizzle the remaining chocolate over the tops of the candy bars. Refrigerate until the chocolate is firm. Enjoy! Store in the fridge.
Sarah Jane Parker is the founder, recipe creator, and photographer behind The Fit Cookie. She’s a food allergy mom and healthy living blogger based in Wyoming. Sarah is also an ACSM Certified Personal Trainer, ACE Certified Health Coach, Revolution Running certified running coach, and an ACE Certified Fitness Nutrition Specialist
8 thoughts on “Almond Butter Crunch Candy Bars”
yum, this recipe sounds amazing!
Thank you Hillary! Let me know if you try it : )
oh my goodness! looks fabulous!!! i definitely want to try them out! spa <3
You will have to let me know if you make them!
those look like the perfect candy bar replacement! thanks for the recipe 🙂
These are super yummy – I had to make a small batch otherwise I would have eaten too many, haha!
Yum! I am making these for sure 🙂
Thanks for stopping by, Jen!