Looking for a fun new breakfast recipe that’s easy to make? Make up a Gluten Free Breakfast Parfait! This post was originally featured as my guest post over at Monday Lunch Trio
1. Drink some water as soon as you wake
Fill your body with fresh water as soon as you wake up. Dehydration can lead to fatigue, so staying hydrated goes a long way to keeping you energized during the day. Adding lemon is also encouraged!
2. Get plenty of protein and fiber at breakfast
3. If you drink coffee, enjoy it with food
4. Look at some light
5. Move your body
The best choice for this recipe is Greek yogurt since it has plenty of protein, but if you are like me and can’t have dairy, try using coconut milk Greek yogurt and stir in some of your favorite protein powder. For the granola, try to find one that is high in fiber and isn’t loaded with too much fat and sugar. Or you can make your own granola!
- 1-1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/3 cup gluten-free granola
- 2 6 ounce containers of plain Greek yogurt (either dairy or non-dairy)
- 2 Tablespoons chia seeds
- Vanilla Crème Stevia drops optional
- For each parfait: place ¼ cup blueberries on the bottom of a glass.
- Layer 1/3 of the yogurt cup next, then 1 Tablespoon granola and 1 teaspoon, then more yogurt, blueberries, etc. Repeat layers until all the ingredients are used.
- Enjoy immediately or refrigerate for later!