So this is a mock bubble tea – there are no giant tapioca pearls (boba) in this drink, mostly because I couldn’t find them around here either! I live in a small town without too many exotic food choices, I make do! Frozen blueberries give the same look to your drink and they keep your drink cold, and and they are fun to eat, too.
But of course the texture will not be the same as a traditional bubble tea, and the blueberries mostly float instead of sink to the bottom. I have yet to try a real bubble tea! Sad, I know, but I will have to special order some boba to make it sometime.
Sweet Rose Mock Bubble Tea
- 1-2 bags of Tulsi Sweet Rose tea
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1/4 cup ice
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk or coconut milk
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- Brew the Sweet Rose tea by pouring 1/4 cup hot water over 1 or 2 teabags and let it steep for several minutes. You will want this tea brewed strong!
- Once it has brewed, stir in 1/4 cup ice cubes into the tea to chill it. The ice cubes should melt as it cools the tea so you will then have 1/2 cup cold Sweet Rose tea.
- Stir in the almond milk and add blueberries.
Sarah Jane Parker is the founder, recipe creator, and photographer behind The Fit Cookie. She’s a food allergy mom and healthy living blogger based in Wyoming. Sarah is also an ACSM Certified Personal Trainer, ACE Certified Health Coach, Revolution Running certified running coach, and an ACE Certified Fitness Nutrition Specialist