So this is a mock bubble tea – there are no giant tapioca pearls (boba) in this drink, mostly because I couldn’t find them around here either! I live in a small town without too many exotic food choices, I make do! Frozen blueberries give the same look to your drink and they keep your drink cold, and and they are fun to eat, too.
But of course the texture will not be the same as a traditional bubble tea, and the blueberries mostly float instead of sink to the bottom. I have yet to try a real bubble tea! Sad, I know, but I will have to special order some boba to make it sometime.
- 1-2 bags of Tulsi Sweet Rose tea
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1/4 cup ice
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk or coconut milk
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- Brew the Sweet Rose tea by pouring 1/4 cup hot water over 1 or 2 teabags and let it steep for several minutes. You will want this tea brewed strong!
- Once it has brewed, stir in 1/4 cup ice cubes into the tea to chill it. The ice cubes should melt as it cools the tea so you will then have 1/2 cup cold Sweet Rose tea.
- Stir in the almond milk and add blueberries.
The Tulsi Sweet Rose tea has stevia leaf in it so it is a bit sweet on it's own, but if you want more sweetness you can stir in some stevia or maple syrup.
Check out the other great edible flower recipes from Recipe Redux members!