These Dairy Free Chocolate Chip Oat Cookies are a healthier sweet treat for dessert or snacks! They are allergy friendly, gluten free, and dairy free
Need an allergy-friendly chocolate chip cookie that is still healthy and delicious? These perfect little chocolate chip cookies are made with whole grain oats and oat flour and are reminiscent of my favorite homemade granola bars.
I re-made an oatmeal chocolate chip cookie recipe, lowered the calories, and made the recipe allergy friendly to boot (but still mouth-watering!).
I LOVE cookies, so I have to watch how much I bake or I end up eating too many (cookies = temptation for me!). This batch is the perfect size for our family: we don’t end up with too many cookies but we can still have healthy treats in moderation.
Recipe adapted from Bev’s Chocolate Chip Cookies from Eating Well.com
Dairy Free Chocolate Chip Oat Cookies (Gluten Free)
- 3/4 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 cup gluten-free oat flour
- 1/4 cup ground chia seed
- 3 Tablespoons Truvia or baking Stevia
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup dark or semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/4 cup honey I used thick, raw, unfiltered honey
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together the oats, oat flour, ground chia seed, Truvia, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, and chocolate chips. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the oil, the honey, and the vanilla. Mix well. Add the liquid mixture into the dry mixture and mix well. Allow the cookie dough to rest a few minutes to let the liquids absorb into the flour.
- Using a measuring Tablespoon, scoop level Tablespoonfuls onto the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 12 minutes, or until the cookies are golden color and set.
- Let cookies rest on the pan for a few minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool. These taste best when they have cooled. Enjoy!
Food allergy mom and healthy living blogger! Sarah is also an ACSM Certified Personal Trainer, ACE Certified Health Coach, and an ACE Certified Fitness Nutrition Specialist