Make some Gluten Free Cinnamon Roll Pancakes for your next allergy friendly breakfast or brunch! These are fun to make and are nut free and vegan
If you have spent much time around food blog lately, chances are that you may have seen a new trend: swirled pancakes. Before I had finally made up my Sticky Cinnamon Roll recipe, I made up some of these pancakes to fill that cinnamon roll breakfast void.
These are a great stand-in for cinnamon rolls when you don’t have so much time but still want a breakfast treat. These Gluten Free Cinnamon Roll Pancakes were inspired by Kevin Lynch’s Pumpkin Cinnamon Roll Pancakes.
I first saw his pancakes on Tumblr and I knew I had to make an allergy-friendly version. In fact, the first time I made these pancakes I made them for lunch (haha, don’t tell anyone…!).
I created my own recipe for these pancakes, but I borrowed Kevin’s technique for creating swirled pancakes. These Cinnamon Swirl pancakes are delicious and are pretty easy to make. You can have so much fun with these too, like making smiley faces and heart shapes!
Gluten Free Cinnamon Roll Pancakes
Gluten free, vegan
- 1 ½ cups whole brown rice flour
- 2 Tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cup rice milk
- 1 Tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon liquid Stevia
- 1 teaspoon vinegar or lemon juice
- 1 to 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons brown coconut sugar
- Preheat a non-stick skillet or a griddle over medium heat.
- While the skillet/griddle is heating up, whisk together the flour, flaxseed, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the milk, oil, Stevia, and vinegar until well combined.
- Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir to combine. Set aside and let thicken a bit.
- In a small bowl, pour 1/3 cup of the prepared pancake batter and stir in the cinnamon and brown coconut sugar. Mix well.
- Pour the cinnamon batter into a small squeeze bottle or small ziploc bag and cut off the corner.
- Using a 1/4 cup measure, pour the plain pancake batter into the hot skillet/griddle.
- Immediately pipe the cinnamon batter in a swirl onto the plain pancake batter.
- Cook on each side until golden and cooked through.
- Serve with agave nectar or pure maple syrup.
Sarah Jane Parker is the founder, recipe creator, and photographer behind The Fit Cookie. She’s a food allergy mom and healthy living blogger based in Wyoming. Sarah is also an ACSM Certified Personal Trainer, ACE Certified Health Coach, Revolution Running certified running coach, and an ACE Certified Fitness Nutrition Specialist
2 thoughts on “Gluten Free Cinnamon Roll Pancakes (Vegan)”
And they’re vegan? love it!
Oh those are so cute! <3