If you want an easy cookie that allergy-friendly, check out this recipe! These Gluten Free Slice-and-Bake Sugar Cookies are simple and delicious
These tasty cookies are an adaptation of a cookie recipe from the Deliciously Organic blog. The original cookie recipe was grain-free, but not everyone in my family can have grain-free flours, so I decided to make these with brown rice flour. You could also try these with other gluten-free flours, such as amaranth and sorghum.
The texture of these cookies are a cross between shortbread and roll-out sugar cookies. These are whole-grain and allergy friendly, plus they are cane sugar free and not too sweet. These cookies are a versatile base for virtually anything you can think of. Be creative! Here are a few ideas for this recipe:
- Mix goodies (like mini chocolate chips) into the dough
- Roll the dough log in chopped nuts before chilling
- Chill and roll out onto a lightly floured surface and cut out shapes
- Dip or drizzle cookies with chocolate
- Make sandwich cookies filled with raspberry jam, chocolate, caramel,…
- Add different flavor extracts to the dough, such as orange, raspberry, or almond.