For all those raw juice addicts out there, here is a delicious fresh juice drink that is sure to give you a sunny start to your day, even if it’s cloudy outside! When I tasted this perfectly sweet-tart juice, all I could think of to name it was Liquid Sunshine. The name says it all!
This juice is full of vitamins A and C, and thanks to the blood oranges, lots of lycopene too. I love Pink Lady apples because they are firm and dense, and have the perfect mix of sweet and tart. They have a bold fruity flavor and some really good varieties even hint of fruity-wine.
- 2 cups raw carrots peeled and cut into 1-2" pieces
- 1 large pink lady apple cored and cut into 1/8th's
- 4 medium blood oranges moro oranges
- 1/2 lemon or lime
- Using a juicing machine, juice the carrots and apple (you should have about 1-1/2 cups juice). Place in a measuring bowl and set aside.
- Juice the blood oranges by hand (or by machine)*. You should have about 1 cup juice. Add to the measuring bowl.
- Juice the lemon or lime by hand and add to the bowl. Mix juices well and serve immediately. Enjoy!