Brighten up your day with this delicious citrus-based Liquid Sunshine Juice, it’s full of vitamin C, it’s paleo and vegan!
For all those raw juice addicts out there, here is a delicious fresh juice drink that is sure to give you a sunny start to your day, even if it’s cloudy outside!
When I tasted this perfectly sweet-tart juice, all I could think of to name it was Liquid Sunshine. The name says it all!
This juice is full of vitamins A and C, and thanks to the blood oranges, lots of lycopene too. I love Pink Lady apples because they are firm and dense, and have the perfect mix of sweet and tart. They have a bold fruity flavor and some really good varieties even hint of fruity-wine.
- 2 cups raw carrots peeled and cut into 1-2" pieces
- 1 large pink lady apple cored and cut into 1/8th's
- 4 medium blood oranges moro oranges
- 1/2 lemon or lime
- Using a juicing machine, juice the carrots and apple (you should have about 1-1/2 cups juice). Place in a measuring bowl and set aside.
- Juice the blood oranges by hand (or by machine)*. You should have about 1 cup juice. Add to the measuring bowl.
- Juice the lemon or lime by hand and add to the bowl. Mix juices well and serve immediately. Enjoy!
You can juice the citrus by hand or machine. If you juice it by machine, you may get some bitterness from the membrane. If you use a machine, peel the citrus first or you will get really bitter juice!