Curious about Periscope and how to use it? Read through my Periscope bootcamp with tips and tricks to get the most out of this social media platform
Hey all! I’m sure most of you by now have heard of the newest thing in social media and video, Periscope. You can create live broadcasts and (if you want) save them for later and upload the good ones to YouTube. I’m on Periscope (@thefitcookie), but I haven’t broadcast anything yet. I’m not a natural when it comes to the camera and video, so this takes a lot of work and practice for me!
I have to admit, this post is actually kind of a selfish one: it was a way for me to curate some great ideas for myself! But it’s not all selfish I suppose if it helps you out too 😉
Some of these posts are about business, but they fit in perfectly for bloggers, too. Happy reading (and broadcasting)!
Tips & Tutorials:
- Periscope for Bloggers: Tips to Make the Most of Your Broadcasts (Girl on the Move)
- Who to Follow on Periscope and a Get Started Guide (Run to the Finish)
- How to Put Periscope Videos on YouTube (Rebekah Borucki)
- 25 Useful Tips for Bloggers: How to Use Periscope (SITS Girls)
- The Beginner’s Guide to Periscope for Bloggers (Fabulous Blogging)
- How to Use Periscope: A bloggers Guide (Bloggers Get Social)
- 6 Ways to Use Periscope for Your Business (Social Media Examiner)
- 15 Things You Need for Broadcasting on Periscope (Medium)
- 6 Big Reasons Small Businesses Need to Be On Periscope (Entrepreneur)
- 4 Reasons Brands Should Use Periscope (Entrepreneur)
- How to Use Periscope for Business (Small Biz Trends)
- Periscope for Bloggers: 11 fun-filled tips! (Fat Mum Slim)
A few ideas for Periscope videos:
- Exercise how-to’s
- Q&A sessions
- A day in the life
- Behind the scenes
- On-location broadcasts
Are you on Periscope yet? Tell me what you would love to see broadcast on Periscope!
Sarah Jane Parker is the founder, recipe creator, and photographer behind The Fit Cookie. She’s a food allergy mom and healthy living blogger based in Wyoming. Sarah is also an ACSM Certified Personal Trainer, ACE Certified Health Coach, Revolution Running certified running coach, and an ACE Certified Fitness Nutrition Specialist
6 thoughts on “Periscope Bootcamp: Tips and Tricks for Periscope”
((((Takes copious notes)))
And only after THAT 🙂 shares.
There are so many great posts in here! I still have to get use my Perisope account to broadcast – I haven’t done that yet!
I have so much to learn about Periscope, thanks for the post!
I know! So many social media outlets, so little time haha! I think Periscope is such a hit it would be a great thing to invest my time in 🙂
Thanks so much for sharing mine.
You’re very welcome Abby! 🙂