Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using my links.
Curious about Periscope and how to use it? Read through my Periscope bootcamp with tips and tricks to get the most out of this social media platform
Hey all! I’m sure most of you by now have heard of the newest thing in social media and video, Periscope. You can create live broadcasts and (if you want) save them for later and upload the good ones to YouTube. I’m on Periscope (@thefitcookie), but I haven’t broadcast anything yet. I’m not a natural when it comes to the camera and video, so this takes a lot of work and practice for me!
I have to admit, this post is actually kind of a selfish one: it was a way for me to curate some great ideas for myself! But it’s not all selfish I suppose if it helps you out too 😉
Some of these posts are about business, but they fit in perfectly for bloggers, too. Happy reading (and broadcasting)!
Tips & Tutorials:
- Periscope 101: How to Be an Engaging Broadcaster (Back at Square Zero)
- Periscope for Bloggers: Tips to Make the Most of Your Broadcasts (Girl on the Move)
- Periscope Tips and Tricks (Mom’s Little Running Buddy)
- Who to Follow on Periscope and a Get Started Guide (Run to the Finish)
- How to Put Periscope Videos on YouTube (Rebekah Borucki)
- 25 Useful Tips for Bloggers: How to Use Periscope (SITS Girls)
- The Beginner’s Guide to Periscope for Bloggers (Fabulous Blogging)
- How to Use Periscope: A bloggers Guide (Bloggers Get Social)
- Should Bloggers Use Meerkat and Periscope? (Collective Bias)
- Periscope Tutorial: How to [and Why] Use Twitter’s Periscope on iOS (Traffic Generation Cafe)
- 6 Ways to Use Periscope for Your Business (Social Media Examiner)
- 15 Things You Need for Broadcasting on Periscope (Medium)
- 6 Big Reasons Small Businesses Need to Be On Periscope (Entrepreneur)
- 4 Reasons Brands Should Use Periscope (Entrepreneur)
- How to Use Periscope for Business (Small Biz Trends)
- How Bloggers can use Periscope to Grow Traffic (Blog Paws)
- Periscope for Bloggers: 11 fun-filled tips! (Fat Mum Slim)
A few ideas for Periscope videos:
- Exercise how-to’s
- Q&A sessions
- A day in the life
- Behind the scenes
- On-location broadcasts
Are you on Periscope yet? Tell me what you would love to see broadcast on Periscope!
Sarah Jane Parker is the founder, recipe creator, and photographer behind The Fit Cookie. She’s a food allergy mom and healthy living blogger based in Wyoming. Sarah is also an ACSM Certified Personal Trainer, ACE Certified Health Coach, Revolution Running certified running coach, and an ACE Certified Fitness Nutrition Specialist