Looking for a gluten free, dairy, egg, and soy free recipe for breakfast? Check out these healthy Whole Grain Breakfast Muffins!
These gluten free Whole Grain Breakfast Muffins are healthy and super moist! I adapted this recipe from the Bob’s Red Mill Mighty Muffins recipe, making these muffins whole grain and lower in sugar (and free of cane sugar). Enjoy!
Gluten Free, vegetarian
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup whole sorghum flour or more brown rice flour
- 1/4 cup flax seed meal or chia seed meal
- 2/3 cup Mighty Tasty GF Hot Cereal Bob’s Red Mill
- 1/4 cup Stevia in the Raw powder
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 Tablespoon honey
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1 1/2 cup non-dairy milk of choice
- 2 Tablespoon coconut oil melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Spray muffin tin or use muffin papers. These muffins stick to papers; foil muffin liners come off much easier.
- Mix together dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, mix together wet ingredients. It helps to warm the milk a bit the honey can mix in well.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and combine well.
- Divide batter evenly between the 12 muffin tins (filling almost completely full) and bake for 22-25 minutes, checking doneness with a toothpick.
- Cool completely before removing papers (if using). I recommend the foil liners because they come off the muffin easily.