Looking for a gluten free, dairy, egg, and soy free recipe for breakfast? Check out these healthy Whole Grain Breakfast Muffins!
These gluten free Whole Grain Breakfast Muffins are healthy and super moist! I adapted this recipe from the Bob’s Red Mill Mighty Muffins recipe, making these muffins whole grain and lower in sugar (and free of cane sugar). Enjoy!
Whole Grain Breakfast Muffins (Gluten Free)
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- ½ cup whole sorghum flour or more brown rice flour
- ¼ cup flax seed meal or chia seed meal
- ⅔ cup Mighty Tasty GF Hot Cereal Bob’s Red Mill
- ¼ cup Stevia in the Raw powder
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon xanthan gum
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 Tablespoon honey
- ½ cup applesauce
- 1 ½ cup non-dairy milk of choice
- 2 Tablespoon coconut oil melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Spray muffin tin or use muffin papers. These muffins stick to papers; foil muffin liners come off much easier.
- Mix together dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, mix together wet ingredients. It helps to warm the milk a bit the honey can mix in well.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and combine well.
- Divide batter evenly between the 12 muffin tins (filling almost completely full) and bake for 22-25 minutes, checking doneness with a toothpick.
- Cool completely before removing papers (if using). I recommend the foil liners because they come off the muffin easily.
Sarah Jane Parker is the founder, recipe creator, and photographer behind The Fit Cookie. She’s a food allergy mom and healthy living blogger based in Wyoming. Sarah is also an ACSM Certified Personal Trainer, ACE Certified Health Coach, Revolution Running certified running coach, and an ACE Certified Fitness Nutrition Specialist
3 thoughts on “Whole Grain Breakfast Muffins (Gluten Free)”
Thank you both!
these sound simply delicious 😀
These look so good an wholesome! Definitly something that would fill me up!