Add some international flare to your meal with Chicken Satay and Coconut Lime Quinoa. The satay is peanut free so anyone can enjoy it!
Here is a delicious dinner with international flair; add veggies to make it a well-balanced meal. The satay sauce is peanut free so anyone can enjoy it!
Sorry, no pictures for this post! I couldn’t get the food to look pretty, even though it tasted amazing 😉
Peanut free, gluten free, soy free
- 1/3 cup salsa
- 1 Tbsp. sunflower seed butter
- 1 Tbsp. sesame tahini
- 1/4 cup water chicken broth, or coconut milk
- 1 Garlic clove crushed, or garlic powder
- Red pepper flakes
- 2 chicken breasts trimmed
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Make the satay sauce. Combine the salsa, SunButter, tahini, water, garlic, and red pepper flakes in a small blender and blend until smooth, adding water as needed to adjust the consistency.
- Line a baking sheet with foil (this makes clean-up easier!). Cut chicken into thin strips and thread loosely onto skewers, arranging them on the baking sheet. Drizzle satay sauce over the chicken. Roast in the oven for 10 minutes. Dip in the extra satay sauce if you like!
Coconut Lime Quinoa
Gluten free, soy free, vegan
- 1.666 cup water
- 0.333 cup canned coconut milk
- 1-2 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Zest of 1 lime
- 1 Garlic clove minced, or garlic powder
- 0.5 teaspoon salt
- 0.5 teaspoon jalapeno pepper flakes more or less for spice
- 1 cup quinoa dry
- Combine the first 6 ingredients in a saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Add dry quinoa to the pot, cover, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Let the quinoa sit for a couple of minutes with the lid lifted before fluffing with a fork. Serve and enjoy!