The perfect snowy treat to celebrate winter that’s allergy friendly, gluten free, and vegan: quick and easy no-bake Coconut Snowball Bites!
Last night we had our first snowfall of the season! I woke up this morning to a light dusting of snow – and a layer of ice on my car windows! Although the snow melted quickly, it looks as if there is more to come this afternoon!
To commemorate the first snowfall, here is a simple and healthy treat
Coconut Snowball Bites
- ½ cup shredded unsweetened coconut + more for rolling
- ⅓ cup golden raisins
- 3 Tablespoons almond butter or other nut/seed butter
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- Pinch salt
- Chocolate chips allergy-friendly (optional)
- If you are using coconut flakes, place the coconut flakes in a food processor and process until shredded. If your coconut is already shredded, you can skip this step.
- Add in all the other ingredients (except chocolate chips) and process well until the mixture sticks together in a course dough.
- Use 1 tablespoon dough and roll into 1 inch balls. You can tuck some chocolate chips in the center if you want a hit of chocolate. Roll the balls in more shredded coconut, and enjoy! Store these in the fridge.
Sarah Jane Parker is the founder, recipe creator, and photographer behind The Fit Cookie. She’s a food allergy mom and healthy living blogger based in Wyoming. Sarah is also an ACSM Certified Personal Trainer, ACE Certified Health Coach, Revolution Running certified running coach, and an ACE Certified Fitness Nutrition Specialist