The perfect snowy treat to celebrate winter that’s allergy friendly, gluten free, and vegan: quick and easy no-bake Coconut Snowball Bites!
Last night we had our first snowfall of the season! I woke up this morning to a light dusting of snow – and a layer of ice on my car windows! Although the snow melted quickly, it looks as if there is more to come this afternoon!
To commemorate the first snowfall, here is a simple and healthy treat:
- 0.5 cup shredded unsweetened coconut + more for rolling
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 3 Tablespoons almond butter or other nut/seed butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Pinch salt
- Chocolate chips allergy-friendly (optional)
- If you are using coconut flakes, place the coconut flakes in a food processor and process until shredded. If your coconut is already shredded, you can skip this step.
- Add in all the other ingredients (except chocolate chips) and process well until the mixture sticks together in a course dough.
- Use 1 tablespoon dough and roll into 1 inch balls. You can tuck some chocolate chips in the center if you want a hit of chocolate. Roll the balls in more shredded coconut, and enjoy! Store these in the fridge.