The perfect allergy-friendly and gluten free snack bars!
Whole Grain Muesli Bars
Vegetarian, Gluten-Free; Free of: eggs, dairy, cane sugar, soy, corn, peanuts
Servings: 12 bars
- 1-1/4 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/3 cup flaxseed meal
- 1/4 cup brown rice protein powder
- 2 Tablespoons brown rice flour or more protein powder
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup SunButter or other nut/seed butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Optional add in: 1/4 cup toasted sunflower seeds
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line a 9" x 9" baking pan with foil and spray with oil. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the oats, flaxseed meal, protein powder, raisins, salt, and cinnamon.
- In a medium bowl, add the oil, honey, and SunButter together. Warm in the microwave for about 30-40 seconds until more liquid and easily mixed. Stir well and add the vanilla.
- Add the honey mixture to the dry ingredients and mix well. It may be hard to stir at this point but make sure everything is mixed up good.
- Spread the mixture into the prepared baking pan and press into the pan evenly.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until lightly browned on the edges.
- Cool the pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Cut into 12-16 bars. This works best if you let the bars cool, lift the bars from the pan with the foil, set it on a cutting board, and cut with a big knife. Enjoy!