Hi everyone! I wanted to share my recipe for Almond-Butter Crunch Candy Bars that I created for the Attune Foods Recipe Contest!
This one is in the Vegan category, but it is also gluten-free, soy free and cane-sugar free, too!
Check out my recipe, and don’t forget to submit some of your own goodies to the recipe contest!
- 1/4 cup creamy almond butter
- 2 Tablespoons agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup almonds, oven roasted
- 2/3 cup Erewhon Crispy Brown Rice Cereal, crushed
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- In a medium bowl, stir together the almond butter, agave, and vanilla. Mix well.
- Place almonds in a spice or coffee grinder with flat blades and grind almonds until course. Mix the ground almonds into the almond butter mixture.
- Place Erewhon Crispy Brown Rice Cereal in a ziploc bag and crush thoroughly. Add the crushed cereal to the almond butter mixture and mix together. A stiff dough should form.
- Shape the almond-butter dough into small candy bars about 1-1/2" x 1/2" in size. Set aside.
- Heat the chocolate chips in a small bowl 30 seconds at a time in the microwave until melted. Stir the coconut oil into the chocolate to help thin out the chocolate a bit for easier dipping and drizzling. Dip the bottom of each candy bar in the chocolate and place on a waxed paper-lined cookie sheet.
- Drizzle the remaining chocolate over the tops of the candy bars. Refrigerate until the chocolate is firm. Enjoy! Store in the fridge.