This Paleo Banana Bread Mug Cake tastes just like banana bread but it’s grain free and has no added sugar. This mug cake is allergy friendly, gluten free, and vegan, plus it’s so easy to make!
This quick treat is based off of one of my other recipes: my paleo chocolate mug cake. I wanted a sweet treat one evening but I am cutting back on my chocolate (it makes me break out), so I decided to make a banana bread version of this microwave cake instead of a chocolate one.
Initially, I forgot the baking soda and added more milk to the recipe, so the middle sank and was doughy, but I loved it! The doughiness in the middle reminded me of a good pudding cake.
This mini banana bread cake is quite moist, but if you want a gooey middle, you can add a couple more teaspoons of milk to the batter and skip the baking powder.
If you want to go all out, throw in some mini chocolate chips, too, for a little chocolate! Want to reduce the calories? Simply replace some of the banana with applesauce and cut out the almond butter.
Paleo Banana Bread Mug Cake (Vegan)
- 1 small banana
- 1 teaspoon creamy SunButter
- 2 teaspoons oat or coconut milk
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- Vanilla Cream Stevia drops to taste
- 1 ½ teaspoon ground flaxseed
- 1 ½ Tablespoons coconut flour
- ⅛ teaspoon baking powder
- Dash salt
- Cinnamon to taste (about 1/8 to ¼ teaspoon)
- Mini allergy friendly chocolate chips (optional)
- Spray the bottom of an 8-10 oz. ramekin or mug with a little oil. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mash bananas very well.
- Stir the almond butter, almondmilk, vanilla, and Stevia into the banana and mix well.
- Stir in the ground flaxseed, coconut flour, salt, and cinnamon. Mix well.
- Scoop the batter into the prepared ramekin and microwave on high for 1-1/2 minutes until cooked through.
- Allow the cake to cool for a couple minutes before eating. Enjoy!
Sarah Jane Parker is the founder, recipe creator, and photographer behind The Fit Cookie. She’s a food allergy mom and healthy living blogger based in Wyoming. Sarah is also an ACSM Certified Personal Trainer, ACE Certified Health Coach, Revolution Running certified running coach, and an ACE Certified Fitness Nutrition Specialist