This 3-Minute Microwave Banana Cake is so easy to make! It tastes just like banana bread, plus it’s healthy, paleo, and vegan
This quick treat is based off of one of my other recipes: my 3-Minute Chocolate Cake. I wanted a sweet treat one evening but I am cutting back on my chocolate (it makes me break out), so I decided to make a banana bread version of this microwave cake.
Initially, I forgot the baking soda and added more milk to the recipe, so the middle sank and was doughy, but I loved it! The doughiness in the middle reminded me of a good pudding cake.
This mini banana cake is quite moist, but if you want a gooey middle, you can add a couple more teaspoons of milk to the batter and skip the baking soda.
If you want to go all out, throw in some mini chocolate chips, too, for a little chocolate! Want to reduce the calories? Simply replace some of the banana with applesauce and cut out the almond butter.
- 1 small banana
- 1 teaspoon creamy almond butter or SunButter
- 2 teaspoons almondmilk
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- Vanilla Cream Stevia drops to taste
- 1 ½ teaspoon ground flaxseed
- 1 ½ Tablespoons fine coconut flour
- Dash salt
- Cinnamon to taste (about 1/8 to ¼ teaspoon)
- Spray the bottom of an 8-10 oz. ramekin or mug with a little oil. Set aside
- In a small bowl, mash bananas very well
- Stir the almond butter, almondmilk, vanilla, and Stevia into the banana and mix well
- Stir in the ground flaxseed, coconut flour, salt, and cinnamon. Mix well
- Scoop the batter into the prepared ramekin and microwave on high for 2 minutes until cooked through
- Allow the cake to cool for a couple minutes before eating. Enjoy!