Hey fitness friends, here’s another fitness post for you with more great BOSU exercises to add to your workouts. These are also great exercises to add to your group fitness classes if you teach those. BOSU exercises are always a fun addition to your classes!
Here are 6 strength and stretch exercises to try with the BOSU! More specifically, here are 3 tricep strength exercises and 3 total-body stretches you can add to your workouts. AND I have the #BOSUstrong prompts for this final week of the challenge at the end of the post. If you have missed the other 3 weeks, you can still jump in this week and have some fun with us!
First, here are 3 tricep exercises you can do with a BOSU:
BOSU tricep dips: keep your elbows straight back (don’t flare your elbows out to the sides) and make sure your shoulders are away from your ears
BOSU tricep push-ups: keep your elbows close to your rib cage. Beginners, do this one on your knees. Protect your joints by keeping your wrists right under your shoulders
BOSU tricep overhead extension: keep your elbows above your head as you raise and lower the BOSU (your weight) behind your head. Ideally, your arms would be straight up as you lower your weight, but the size and shape of the BOSU makes that a bit more difficult vs. using a dumbbell
Now on to the stretches:
Pigeon stretch on the BOSU: this stretch is so good! This provides a soft cushion for your hips and forward knee in this stretch. Beginners can make this stretch easier by walking their back leg closer to the BOSU.
Pigeon + quad/hip flexor stretch: the same stretch as above, but with an added quad and hip flexor stretch. You can adjust where your hips are on the BOSU for a deeper or easier stretch
Hip flexor stretch + chest stretch: use the BOSU as a cushion for your knee. If you want, you can pick up your back leg and add a quad stretch for your back leg with this stretch
This week is the very last week of the #bosustrong challenge! Can you believe it’s almost over? It went by quick! My biggest goal though this challenge and after it has been to prioritize my personal fitness. I teach group fitness and do personal training, so I am in the gym almost daily. But making time for my own workouts (outside of my group fitness classes) can be tough so I have to make those a priority!
This has been tough lately since I have been dealing with health issues with interstitial cystitis and gave up all caffeine.
This week we’re focusing on the things that make us BOSUStrong. Here are the 10 things that make me #BOSUStrong:
- I am flexible
- I will always enjoy hiking adventures with my family
- I never swim well – I need to practice my swimming so I can do better in next year’s triathlon
- I do need to stop eating so much sugar…again!
- I love to spend time with my family
- I am inspired to learn more and grow stronger in fitness and life!
- I love to encourage others to step out of their comfort zone
- I have a lot of anxiety and fear of new things, it takes a lot of effort for me to step out of my comfort zone but it’s worth it!
- I am proud of pushing past my fears and stepping out into new things!
- I hope to run a half marathon next year
So I want to know – are you #BOSUStrong? Copy and paste the above, fill it in and make it your own and then tag me in it and share with your friends! Let’s all be #BOSUSTRONG.
The daily prompts for the upcoming week are below. You can also follow along HERE.
Week 4, SHOW US YOUR #BOSUSTRONG! (10/5-10/9):
(Make sure you tag @Bosu_Fitness on Instagram & @BosuFitness on Twitter):
- Monday, 10/5: It’s #moveitmonday. Show us how you’re moving it this Monday. #BOSUstrong #FitFamily #SweatPink @Bosu_Fitness @FitApproach #ad
- Bonus: Y’all know we love to #jumpjoymonday! Show us your BEST jump shot and tag @BOSU_Fitness @FitApproach #BOSUStrong #FitFamily #SweatPink #ad
- Tuesday, 10/6: It’s #tempotuesday! Show us what makes you #BosuStrong! @BOSU_Fitness @FitApproach #BOSUStrong #FitFamily #SweatPink #ad
- Bonus: It’s #triceptuesday and we want to see what makes you #BosuStrong. #BOSUstrong #FitFamily #SweatPink @Bosu_Fitness @FitApproach #ad
- Wednesday, 10/7: Planks, planks and more planks! Plank it out and show us how you’re #BosuStrong @BOSU_Fitness @FitApproach #BOSUStrong #FitFamily #SweatPink #ad
- Bonus: #workitwednesday, show us how you’re workin’ it this Wednesday and tag #BOSUstrong #FitFamily #SweatPink @Bosu_Fitness @FitApproach #ad
- Thursday, 10/8: It’s #totalbodythursday. Show us your favorite total body move – the one that truly makes you feel #BOSUstrong #FitFamily #SweatPink @Bosu_Fitness @FitApproach #ad
- Bonus: Give us a #tbt of your favorite moment of this challenge #BOSUstrong #FitFamily #SweatPink @Bosu_Fitness @FitApproach #ad
- Friday, 10/9: #FreeFriday. Show us your #BOSUstrong! #FitFamily #SweatPink @Bosu_Fitness @FitApproach #ad
- Bonus: Happy #forearmfriday. Let’s all celebrate the final day of the challenge with dolphin pose! #BOSUstrong #FitFamily #SweatPink @Bosu_Fitness @FitApproach #ad
Notes: You do not need to own or have access to a BOSU to participate. By participating you will have a chance to win a BOSU and other fun prizes. And please, if you are using a BOSU throughout this challenge, never stand on your BOSU with the dome facing down (images or moves down on the BOSU incorrectly will not count during this challenge).
Disclaimer: this post was sponsored by BOSU but all opinions expressed are my own.