Looking for a sweet treat that won’t derail your nutrition goals? Check out these delicious and easy to make Almond Butter Protein Cookies, they’re dairy and egg free!
Any Pinterest fans reading this? Duh…of course! Pinterest can be an amazing source for recipes, but sometimes I get discouraged when I see all of the recipes I miss out on because of food allergies. But, I decided that I am not going to feel sorry for myself! I am convinced that just about anything can be made for people with food allergies as long as you have creativity, ingenuity, and you aren’t afraid to make a few mistakes in the process.
I have seen plenty of recipes for protein cookies on Pinterest and I have made a few versions before but none of them worked out well for me or tasted good with my substitutions. Very disappointing!
I was craving cookies yesterday and wanted to have a healthy, protein-packed version for myself so I started from scratch and created my own nut-butter protein cookies that don’t have eggs or whey powder in them. These cookies turned out perfect! They are soft, flavorful, and delicious, and best of all, healthy! They are an excellent treat if you want some cookies with benefits.
You can add some mini chocolate chips to this recipe to add some flair, or you can completely skip baking these and make cookie dough truffles (irresistible!!). If you want to make these vegan, use agave or maple syrup in place of the honey, just don’t add the Tablespoon of milk.
Nut allergies? No worries: just use SunButter in this recipe and adjust the amount of protein powder if your SunButter is a little runny.
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 2 Tablespoons thick honey for vegan, use maple syrup
- 3 Tablespoons ground flax seed or ground chia seed
- 1/2 cup SunWarrior Vanilla protein powder
- 1 Tablespoon almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, beat almond butter and honey together with a hand blender.
- Beat in the flax meal, protein powder, almond milk, and vanilla until well blended.
- Scoop cookie dough by level Tablespoons onto a parchment-lined cookie sheet and flatten with a fork.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Let cool thoroughly on a wire rack.