Oatmeal gets a makeover! If you want a change of pace from your regular bowl of oatmeal, make some of this healthy Gluten Free Baked Oatmeal instead!
Here is another healthy comfort recipe that is a remake of one of my favorite breakfast foods. My Mom used to make this when I was growing up, and I adapted this recipe for my kids and our allergies. The original recipe was already pretty healthy, so I didn’t have to change it much.
This is an excellent make-ahead breakfast recipe for people who don’t have a lot of time to cook or eat in the mornings. Make a batch of Baked Oatmeal at night, and you have an easy, portable breakfast in the morning!
Have fun with the add-ins (nuts, raisins, chocolate chips), or leave them plain if you want to keep it simple.
Gluten Free Baked Oatmeal (vegan)
- 2 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon ground chia or flax seed
- 1 cup unsweetened milk of choice
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3 Tablespoons Truvia or Stevia in the Raw
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Optional: 1/2 cup raisins chopped dates, or chopped nuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 8 x 8 inch square pan with oil.
- Combine the dry ingredients together in a medium size bowl.
- Add in the wet ingredients and stir to combine thoroughly.
- Pour the oatmeal mixture into the prepared pan and spread evenly.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until set and lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and cool slightly. Cut into squares and serve with or without milk. Enjoy!
Sarah Jane Parker is the founder, recipe creator, and photographer behind The Fit Cookie. She’s a food allergy mom and healthy living blogger based in Wyoming. Sarah is also an ACSM Certified Personal Trainer, ACE Certified Health Coach, Revolution Running certified running coach, and an ACE Certified Fitness Nutrition Specialist