Oatmeal gets a makeover! If you want a change of pace from your regular bowl of oatmeal, make some of this healthy Gluten Free Baked Oatmeal instead!
Here is another healthy comfort recipe that is a remake of one of my favorite breakfast foods. My Mom used to make this when I was growing up, and I adapted this recipe for my kids and our allergies. The original recipe was already pretty healthy, so I didn’t have to change it much.
This is an excellent make-ahead breakfast recipe for people who don’t have a lot of time to cook or eat in the mornings. Make a batch of Baked Oatmeal at night, and you have an easy, portable breakfast in the morning!
Have fun with the add-ins (nuts, raisins, chocolate chips), or leave them plain if you want to keep it simple.
- 2 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon ground chia or flax seed
- 1 cup unsweetened milk of choice
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3 Tablespoons Truvia or Stevia in the Raw
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Optional: 1/2 cup raisins chopped dates, or chopped nuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 8 x 8 inch square pan with oil.
- Combine the dry ingredients together in a medium size bowl.
- Add in the wet ingredients and stir to combine thoroughly.
- Pour the oatmeal mixture into the prepared pan and spread evenly.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until set and lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and cool slightly. Cut into squares and serve with or without milk. Enjoy!