Sore and achy from your last workout? Add to your self-care toolbox (or gift to a friend!) the best recovery gifts for fitness lovers. Plus, get a MyoBuddy discount code just in time for Christmas!
Hey, friends! We’re right in the middle of the busy holiday season, and I hope you are making time to get your workouts in and prioritizing your health even during busy days. The holiday season is the best time to make time for self-care since taking time for workouts and recovery can help so much with stress during busy days and weeks.
If you are looking for some new workout recovery tools or you want to gift some R&R to a fitness friend or family member, then check out some of my favorite recovery tools for fitness lovers. Most of these items in this gift guide are things I have personally used and truly love! Everything on this list comes in a wide variety of price points, so you can find a gift for any budget.
Best Recovery Gifts for Fitness Lovers
Here’s a list of some of my all-time favorite tools for workout recovery:
- MyoBuddy Pro Massager: this massager uses vibration, percussion, and friction to warm muscles and release trigger points. The MyoBuddy is amazing!
- The Stick Original: a great alternative to a foam roller when you’re traveling or need to get some areas you can’t get with a foam roller.
- Pebble mat: this is a trigger point mat made for use both during and after workouts, it looks pretty neat!
- Trigger point ball: this is a great way to address very specific trigger points areas throughout your body. I love using this against a wall for upper back and neck tightness!
- Arnica Massage Oil: when you’re using your MyoBuddy, use some massage oil with the blue lotion bonnet and get a double muscle relaxing benefit from both the arnica oil and the massager!
- The Melt Method: the Melt Method is an awesome way to address connective tissue tightness and immobility through the use of soft rollers and balls. I did a Melt Method workshop at IDEA World back in 2014 and this is an amazing technique that works. Definitely worth checking out!
- SKLZ Accustick: the Accustick is so great for working out stubborn trigger points in your back, and you can reach them by yourself!
- Epsom salts: epsom salts are great for soaking away muscle soreness, and these ones are combined with aromatherapy to help soothe muscles, calm stress, or reinvigorate, depending on the blend you choose.
- Silicone cupping set – I haven’t tried silicone cups yet, but I use regular cups for myofascial decompression and they are amazing. The silicone cups would be great for traveling!
- Hammer balm: this can be a bit strong smelling because of the clove oil (which I don’t mind!), but this is an awesome natural cream that safely works to warm muscles and relieve pain.
Other great workout recovery gift ideas include gift certificates to local massage therapists, hydro/float spas (sensory deprivation), and acupuncture.
The MyoBuddy Pro Massager
Back in July, I went to the IDEA World conference in Las Vegas and I got to try out the MyoBuddy Pro Massager for a couple of minutes and it was crazy good! I really wanted one of my own after I got to try it, they are truly amazing.
The MyoBuddy massager combines vibration, percussion, and friction to warm muscles, address trigger points, improve circulation, and treat muscle soreness. There are 3 speed options on the MyoBuddy, so you can use low, medium, or high speed vibrational massage.
The MyoBuddy massager comes with 2 bonnets: the blue bonnet is for use on bare skin with lotions or oils, and the white dry-brushing bonnet is for use over clothing or sheets (don’t use this one on bare skin). This awesome massager is easy to use, it comes with a handle for extra support, and an 8-foot cord for easy accessibility!
We are thoroughly enjoying our MyoBuddy massager! My husband has neck and back problems, and I get sore muscles and trigger points from exercise, so this is a great addition to our self-care toolbox.
Check out my short Facebook video on how to use the MyoBuddy massager!
Want a MyoBuddy of your own?
Get $100 off your order of a Myobuddy massager from November 22–December 4, 2017, with the code SPCOOKIE!
Sarah Jane Parker is the founder, recipe creator, and photographer behind The Fit Cookie. She’s a food allergy mom and healthy living blogger based in Wyoming. Sarah is also an ACSM Certified Personal Trainer, ACE Certified Health Coach, Revolution Running certified running coach, and an ACE Certified Fitness Nutrition Specialist