Bake up some warm and gooey Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Blondies for your next dessert – they are egg free, dairy free, and peanut free!
I tend to experiment a lot with my baking. I break some cooking rules, I change too many things at one time, and sometimes I have to cross my fingers when I make things! I have had my share of mistakes and inedible bricks, but sometimes mistakes can turn into something better (or at least different).
Today I had my heart set on making chocolate chip cookies, but with my first batch the batter was too thin. I didn’t want to waste my batter, so I poured it into a bar pan and made Chocolate Chip Blondies instead, which turned out delicious!
I still wanted chocolate chip cookies, so, I ventured to fix the recipe by making the batter less runny, but I had used up my chocolate chips with my first batch. I decided to forge ahead with the recipe and see what came of it.
The resulting recipe still didn’t have the soft texture I wanted and had no chocolate chips, but was still yummy and inspiring in it’s own way. Hence, Honey-Crisp Sandwich Cookies were born.
Eventually I will make my own delicious Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe. But for now, there will be 2 posts and 2 recipes courtesy of my baking blunders. The recipes are very similar, with small ingredient variations and baking methods for completely different results. Enjoy!
Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Blondies (Dairy Free)
- 1 ¼ cup brown rice flour
- 2 Tablespoons ground chia seed or ground flaxseed
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup coconut oil or palm oil
- ½ cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 Tablespoons water or non-dairy milk of choice
- ½ cup allergy-friendly dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375˚ F. Oil a bar pan or an 8” x 8” pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, chia seed, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl, with a hand blender cream together the oil, honey, and vanilla. Add in the water (or milk of choice) and mix again until well blended.
- Add in the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients in 2 additions, blending well between each addition until mixed. Stir in the chocolate chips by hand.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan and bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until golden on top. Let bars cool completely before cutting or serving. Enjoy!
Sarah Jane Parker is the founder, recipe creator, and photographer behind The Fit Cookie. She’s a food allergy mom and healthy living blogger based in Wyoming. Sarah is also an ACSM Certified Personal Trainer, ACE Certified Health Coach, Revolution Running certified running coach, and an ACE Certified Fitness Nutrition Specialist
3 thoughts on “Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Blondies (Dairy Free)”
They look delicious. Will try them!
I made my own version of these a while ago and they were AMAZING. Yours look just as good 😀
These look so good and gooey!