Boost your health with this layered Dairy Free Cherry Kiwi Smoothie! It has fiber, protein, healthy fats, fruits, and plenty of Vitamin C
Summer is over and fall is officially here, but that doesn’t mean the smoothies have to end! Healthy fruit smoothies are great any time of year since they are packed with vitamins and minerals that can support health no matter the season (and you can add nutrient boosts with Nature’s Way products, too!).
I adore cherries, but they aren’t always available fresh year-round (at least the really delicious ones!). If you use frozen cherries, you can add them to your smoothies any time of the year and they’ll last a long time in your freezer.
If you get a bunch of really amazing cherries during the summer months (like Flathead cherries delivered in our area), you can freeze them for later if you don’t want to get the store bought frozen ones. Fresh cherries would be so good in this smoothie, but I couldn’t find fresh cherries at our stores anymore since the season was over.
For this Cherry Kiwi Smoothie, I was shooting for a really cool layered look, but I didn’t get my cherry beet layer quite thick enough to stay on top of the kiwi smoothie layer. So it ended up mixing in just a little, but it actually looks very cool that way! It has a nice swirled look that turned out nicer than perfect layers.
When things don’t turn out exactly like I’d planned, sometimes they end up being even better!
Create healthy smoothies with iHerb
If you’re a smoothie lover and healthy food enthusiast, you can find thousands of products to fill your needs at iHerb. iHerb carries over 400 Nature’s Way products, like the ingredients in our Cherry Kiwi Smoothie!
iHerb also ships to over 160 countries and their customer support team provides support in over 10 languages, so you can order from many places around the world.
Here are some of the science based health benefits of the Nature’s Way products from iHerb that we featured in our Cherry Kiwi Smoothie:
- Nature’s Way Organic EFA Gold Hemp Protein & Fiber provides a grain free and dairy free way to add fiber and protein to your smoothies. Insoluble fiber helps to improve digestion, and this hemp protein is non-GMO, organic, cold milled, and has a full amino acid profile.
- Nature’s Way Alive! Vitamin C Powder is an organic fruit-source Vitamin C drink mix powder that is made from acerola, kiwi, lycium, and amla. Vitamin C can help support your immune system (this powder also comes in vegetarian capsules if you prefer).
- Nature’s Way Beet Root Powder is a fun way to add the health benefits of beets to your smoothies without the mess of cutting up beets yourself. Beets are high in phytonutrients and antioxidants that have anti-inflammatory benefits.
Get a discount on Nature’s Way at iHerb, and new customers can get an additional $5 off their minimum $40 order by clicking here!
Dairy Free Cherry Kiwi Smoothie (Vegan)
Dairy free, vegan; Free of: peanuts, soy, eggs, cane sugar
Green kiwi layer:
- 1 cup unsweetened almond-coconut milk (or your favorite non-dairy milk)
- 1 kiwi, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 medium avocado, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Nature’s Way Organic EFA Gold Hemp Protein & Fiber
- 1 teaspoon barley grass juice powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Nature’s Way Alive! Vitamin C Powder
- Stevia drops, to taste (I used 4 drops)
- Blend the ingredients for the green kiwi smoothie layer in a blender or NutriBullet until smooth.
- Divide the green smoothie layer between two glasses, rinse out the blender. Set aside.
- Blend the ingredients for the cherry beet smoothie layer in your blender or NutriBullet until smooth.
- Pour the cherry beet smoothie layer on top of the green kiwi layer in the glasses where the smoothie meets the glass. Use a straw to swirl the cherry beet smoothie layer in the green kiwi layer.
- Enjoy immediately
Sarah Jane Parker is the founder, recipe creator, and photographer behind The Fit Cookie. She’s a food allergy mom and healthy living blogger based in Wyoming. Sarah is also an ACSM Certified Personal Trainer, ACE Certified Health Coach, Revolution Running certified running coach, and an ACE Certified Fitness Nutrition Specialist