Craving a chocolatey frozen treat? Make these dairy free and allergy friendly Dark Chocolate Fudgesicles for a cool treat that’s healthier than store-bought
The weather here has been pretty snowy lately, with lots of cold wind and slick roads. Despite the cold weather, I am always up for trying new frozen treat recipes at my house.
Here is a lightened-up (and allergy friendly) version of a classic frozen treat. I love the SO Delicious Coconut Mini Fudge Bars, but they are a bit expensive. Making your own allergy-friendly frozen treats is economical, plus you can make them healthier by using your favorite milk and sweetener (like date sugar or honey).
I used coconut milk from the carton, but if you want a creamier texture, you can use canned coconut milk. Try using other flavors in the fudge bars, such as mint extract.
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk or almond milk
- 2 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
- 1 Tablespoon Stevia in the Raw
- 2 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 ounces dark chocolate chopped
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Place the milk in a small saucepan and whisk in the gelatin, Truvia, and cocoa powder. Whisk thoroughly until everything is dissolved in the milk. Heat until the mixture comes to a simmer.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the chopped chocolate and the vanilla extract.
- Portion the mixture evenly among 1/4 cup (2 ounce) molds (it will fill 5-6) and place in the freezer. Freeze for at least 4 hours or overnight. Enjoy!
If you are vegan, you can try using agar agar here instead, although I cannot guarantee how the recipe would turn out