I love Larabars, especially any of the ones with chocolate or chocolate chips! My favorite is Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie. This recipe is a bit like a Larabar, except that you can make any shape you like out of these.
I rolled these out and cut them with a Christmas tree cookie cutter! You can add some mini chocolate chips to this recipe to add some extra chocolatey goodness!
This recipe can be adapted for any special diet. If you have a nut allergy, you can use sunflower or pumpkin seeds instead of nuts. These are already vegan, and depending on your ingredients, you can easily make these Paleo and raw.
- 1/2 cup pecans or other nuts, such as cashews, etc., halved or roughly chopped
- 3/4 cup pitted dates roughly chopped
- 2 Tablespoons cocoa powder or ground cocoa nibs
- 1 Tablespoon instant coffee
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Dash salt
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor and process until mixed well and a course dough forms; this may take a minute or two of processing. You can roll these into balls or shape into squares.
- If you want to make cutouts, roll the dough to about 1/4-1/2 inch thick between 2 pieces of parchment paper. Chill the rolled dough for a little bit to stiffen the dough, and cut into holiday shapes. Enjoy!