Craving an easy and healthier cake for dessert? Make this Gluten Free Fudgy Chocolate Cake, it’s vegan, soy free, and peanut free
This is my allergy friendly version of the ever-classic puddle cake. It is practically foolproof and is so nice and fudgy – like a cross between cake and brownies. It is not too sweet, so it makes a great snack cake, too!
It has the perfect texture on top with a dense center, no one would ever guess that it is gluten-free and vegan : ) My next project – making this recipe paleo or grain free!
Gluten Free and Vegan Fudgy Chocolate Cake (Puddle Cake)
- 3/4 cup brown rice flour
- 3/4 cup whole grain amaranth flour or more brown rice flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 Tablespoon flaxseed meal
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon liquid Stevia
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 6 Tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 1/2 cup brown rice syrup
- 3/4 cup warm water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In an 8x8" square baking pan, add the dry ingredients and combine well with a fork.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the liquid ingredients.
- Pour the liquid ingredients over the dry ingredients in the baking pan.
- Stir well to combine.
- Sprinkle mini chocolate chips over the top of the batter.
- Bake for @25-30 minutes.
Sarah Jane Parker is the founder, recipe creator, and photographer behind The Fit Cookie. She’s a food allergy mom and healthy living blogger based in Wyoming. Sarah is also an ACSM Certified Personal Trainer, ACE Certified Health Coach, Revolution Running certified running coach, and an ACE Certified Fitness Nutrition Specialist