Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using my links.
Make these Grain Free Chocolate Chip Cookies next time you’re craving something sweet! You can bake these or eat them raw (no eggs!)
Oh yummy…don’t these look so good?
These grain-free gems are adapted from a recipe by Chef Katelyn*. I had to make some substitutions, but they turned out beautifully! Unlike my other recipe for grain-free chocolate chip cookies, these are not as crispy for those who love soft cookies (like me!).
The best thing about my version of these grain free chocolate chip cookies is that there are no eggs – so you can roll the cookie dough into no-bake cookies if you want to skip the baking!
I changed the original recipe based on what I had on hand and my food allergies (replacing the eggs and butter). But if you can have eggs and butter, check out Katelyn’s original recipe. If you have allergies (like I do) check out my adapted recipe:
* The Chef Katelyn website is no longer up and running, so you won’t be able to access the original recipe. I will keep the links up to make sure she still gets proper credit!
Grain Free Chocolate Chip Cookies – 2 Ways
Paleo, Vegetarian, egg free, gluten free; Free of: dairy, soy, eggs, cane sugar
- 2 Tablespoons ground flax seed + 2 Tablespoons water
- 1 cup almonds raw or oven roasted
- 1 Tablespoon (heaping) coconut flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons honey raw, unfiltered is best; for vegan, use maple syrup
- 3 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup mini dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (if you are making raw cookie dough bites, skip this step).
- In a medium bowl, combine the ground flax seed with the water and mix together. Set aside to gel and thicken.
- In a food processor, grind almonds until a course flour is formed. Add coconut flour, baking powder, and salt to the processor and process until the ingredients until they are mixed well. Set aside.
- Mix the honey, vanilla, and melted coconut oil into the flax gel.
- Add the flax mixture to the almond mixture and mix well.
- Stir in the mini chocolate chips by hand.
- Using a level Tablespoon, scoop dough out and roll into balls. If you are baking these, flatten with your fingers and place onto a parchment-lined cookie sheet and bake for about 12 minutes.
- If you are not baking these cookies, roll into balls and let them chill in the fridge until firm.
Sarah Jane Parker is the founder, recipe creator, and photographer behind The Fit Cookie. She’s a food allergy mom and healthy living blogger based in Wyoming. Sarah is also an ACSM Certified Personal Trainer, ACE Certified Health Coach, Revolution Running certified running coach, and an ACE Certified Fitness Nutrition Specialist