Celebrate the New Year the healthier way with our Cranberry Apple Mocktail! It’s non-alcoholic, lower in sugar, paleo, and made with pure cranberry juice. Our cranberry mocktail is perfect for celebrating while still eating healthier or cutting back on alcohol.
This post is sponsored by Ocean Spray® as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central. All opinions expressed in my post are my own.
Want to kick off your New Year with better eating habits and healthier choices? We’ve got you covered with a delicious and better-for-you Cranberry Apple Mocktail that’s made with Ocean Spray® Pure Cranberry Juice.
Not only is our mocktail lower in sugar, full of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants, but it’s also stunning. The natural color of the cranberry juice in the glass looks pretty enough to serve at parties but simple enough to have any time of the day, even after workouts.
Read on to find out why you should make the switch to healthier mocktails, and how easy it is to create and customize your healthy mocktail!
How to make our Cranberry Apple Mocktail
Our Cranberry Apple Mocktail recipe is so easy to make and delicious. We combined Ocean Spray® Pure Cranberry Juice (it has no added sugars!), pure unfiltered apple juice, apple flavored sparkling water, and liquid stevia drops to taste.
You can have a little fun with this Ocean Spray® mocktail and add a splash of fresh squeezed orange juice, or add a little pure cherry juice or even some pure pineapple juice as well to add some different flavor pairings.
Cranberries and apples go so well together and this was a great flavor combination for a mocktail, my kids loved it!
I made this Cranberry Apple Mocktail in a big pitcher to serve several people, but you can divide this recipe easily to make just one mocktail for yourself, just divide each measurement by 3. Or use the handy servings slider in the recipe card to adjust the servings and ingredient amounts.
Why choose mocktails?
Whether or not you’re participating cutting back on alcohol or participating in Dry January, you can still swap a cocktail for a lower calorie mocktail any time and reap the benefits of a healthier drink.
I don’t drink very much alcohol normally, so I’m always coming up with fun mocktail recipes to make and share with my kids. There are lots of great reasons to make a mocktail:
- If you’re committing to drinking less alcohol in New Year (like Dry January), mocktails are a great way to still enjoy time with friends and family while sticking to your goals.
- Everyone can enjoy a mocktail, even kids, so you don’t have to worry about excluding anyone from enjoying your fun mocktails.
- Mocktails can be made healthier and with less sugar than many cocktails.
- When you make your mocktail recipes with 100% pure fruit juice, you’re adding vitamins and antioxidants to your mocktail, too, so you’re getting a nutritional boost in your drink.
- Mocktails can be enjoyed any time of day and anywhere, even at work!
- Mocktails are a great replacement for sugary soda drinks. 1 cup of Ocean Spray® Pure Cranberry Juice is equivalent to 1 cup of fruit, so you can add to your daily fruit consumption by replacing soda with a Cranberry Apple Mocktail.
When you want to make a healthier mocktail, make it with pure fruit juices without added sugars (like the Ocean Spray® Pure Cranberry Juice) and flavored sparkling waters without sugars or artificial sweeteners.
If you want your mocktail to have a little more sweetness, you can add liquid Stevia drops or monk fruit drops to your mocktail recipes to add some sweetness without adding calories or sugar.
Ocean Spray® Pure Cranberry Juice
Do you love the health benefits of cranberry juice but want it without added sugar? Ocean Spray® now makes an unsweetened pure cranberry juice made only from cranberries! It’s the perfect addition to healthier drinks like our Cranberry Apple Mocktail.
Ocean Spray® Pure Cranberry Juice is perfect for adding to smoothies, sparkling waters, mocktails, and more.
The pure cranberry juice from Ocean Spray® is also non-GMO, and has no added colors, flavors, or preservatives.
Each bottle of Ocean Spray® Pure Cranberry Juice is made with 850 cranberries and is 100% pure cranberry juice with nothing else added. 1 cup of pure cranberry juice is equivalent to 1 cup of fruit!
Make your next mocktail with Ocean Spray®! You can find their pure cranberry juice in stores at Target, Walmart, and Kroger.
Check out our other healthy mocktail recipes:
- Sparkling Grapefruit Mocktail (Faux Rosé)
- 35+ Easy Mocktail Recipes
- Ginger Apple Sparkling Cider
- Sparkling Strawberry Lemonade (Low Sugar)
- Healthy Cranberry Apple Mocktail (Lower Sugar)
Cranberry Apple Mocktail
- 1 cup pure unfiltered apple juice
- ⅔ cup Ocean Spray® Pure Cranberry Juice
- 1 cup apple flavored sparkling water unsweetened
- Stevia drops to taste (I used about 10-20 drops)
- Fresh cranberries and apple slices for garnish
- In a large pitcher, stir together the apple juice and Ocean Spray® Pure Cranberry Juice.
- Slowly pour in the apple sparkling water and stir gently (don't stir too fast or you'll lose some of your bubbles).
- Add the stevia drops to taste, starting with 5 drops and adding in increments of about 5 drops at a time as you taste-test to reach your desired level of sweetness.
- Pour immediately into glasses with ice and garnished with apple slices and fresh cranberries.
Sarah Jane Parker is the founder, recipe creator, and photographer behind The Fit Cookie. She’s a food allergy mom and healthy living blogger based in Wyoming. Sarah is also an ACSM Certified Personal Trainer, ACE Certified Health Coach, Revolution Running certified running coach, and an ACE Certified Fitness Nutrition Specialist