Missing egg nog this holiday? No worries! Make up some of your own egg free and Dairy Free Egg Nog, 2 ways: lighter/lower calorie and extra creamy!
No Christmas holiday is not complete without a good dose of egg nog. But what can you do if you are allergic to eggs? Sure, Silk and some other brands have vegan egg nog on the market, but it is much more fun to make your own Holiday “Egg” Nog that’s egg and dairy-free!
First, you know exactly what is in your drink because you made it your self. Second, some store bought egg-free nogs are still high calorie and have a lot of sugar in them, not so great if you are watching your diet. Third, you can have fun with the recipes and make them uniquely yours!
Here are two egg-free nog recipes to try out: one is a leaner version for those watching their diet, and the other is a higher calorie (but still yummy!) version. Both can be made any way you like and can be whipped up in a pinch!
Dairy free, vegan, gluten free
- 1 cup coconut milk (from the carton)
- 1/2 cup canned coconut milk depending on how thick you like it!
- 1 teaspoon pure maple syrup
- Dash nutmeg and ground cinnamon to taste
- 1 teaspoon rum extract to taste
- In a tall glass or measuring cup, mix all ingredients well. Adjust coconut milk, spices and extract to taste, if desired. Enjoy!
Here’s the lighter version of this eggnog recipe:
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk in carton
- 1 teaspoon golden flaxseed meal as a thickener
- 1/4 banana
- 1 teaspoon powdered Stevia
- Dash of nutmeg and ground cinnamon to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon rum extract to taste
- In a small blender, combine milk, banana, Truvia, nutmeg, cinnamon, and rum extract and process until well blended.
- Feel free to adjust the flavor by using less or more spices and extract.
- This version tastes and looks best when enjoyed right away.