No Christmas holiday is not complete without a good dose of egg nog. But what can you do if you are allergic to eggs? Sure, Silk and some other brands have vegan egg nog on the market, but it is much more fun to make your own Holiday “Egg” Nog that’s egg and dairy-free! First, you know exactly what is in your drink because you made it your self. Second, some store bought egg-free nogs are still high calorie and have a lot of sugar in them, not so great if you are watching your diet. Third, you can have fun with the recipes and make them uniquely yours!
Here are two egg-free nog recipes to try out: one is a leaner version for those watching their diet, and the other is a higher calorie (but still yummy!) version. Both can be made any way you like and can be whipped up in a pinch!
Creamy “Egg”Nog (Egg Free)
- 1 cup non-dairy milk of choice (almond, coconut, rice, etc)
- 1/2 – 1 cup canned coconut milk (depending on how thick you like it!)
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar
- Dash nutmeg and ground cinnamon, to taste
- 1 teaspoon rum extract, to taste
- In a tall glass or measuring cup, mix all ingredients well. Adjust coconut milk, spices and extract to taste, if desired. Enjoy!
Here’s the lighter version of this eggnog recipe: