On Saturday, my family and I had a blast heading over to the Black Hills and going on a 10K Volksmarch hike up to the top of Crazy Horse Monument!
On Saturday, my family and I had a blast heading over to the Black Hills and going on a 10K Volksmarch hike up to the top of Crazy Horse Monument! My parents started off earlier with our children so my husband and I had a chance to run part of the trail as we caught up to my parents.
Gabe and Nyah were troopers and did an amazing job of keeping up with all of the adults on the hike, and they even found some beautiful wildflowers. Here are some photos of our hike!
Our favorite hiking essentials:
- Camelbak hydration pack (I’m not sure that the one I use is for sale anymore, mine is a small one that works perfect for short hikes and bike rides)
- Takeya water bottle
- SPI belt
- Natural bug repellent
Check out other places to see and hiking in Wyoming, the Black Hills, and Montana:
- Garden Creek Falls, Casper, WY
- Crow Peak, Spearfish
- Ayres Natural Bridge
- Community Caves (Wildcat Caverns), Spearfish, SD
- The M Trail Missoula
- Devil’s Bathtub, Spearfish Canyon
- Crazy Horse Volksmarch
- Red Beds Trail, Devil’s Tower
- Trail End Museum, Sheridan
- Koltiska Pumpkin Patch, Sheridan
Sarah Jane Parker is the founder, recipe creator, and photographer behind The Fit Cookie. She’s a food allergy mom and healthy living blogger based in Wyoming. Sarah is also an ACSM Certified Personal Trainer, ACE Certified Health Coach, Revolution Running certified running coach, and an ACE Certified Fitness Nutrition Specialist