Looking for a fast way to make jam without canning? Here’s an Easy Raw Strawberry Jam recipe that is great on toast or biscuits.
So, I have noticed something about my blogging style over the last 7 months: I am not too talkative.
I like writing, and I am decent at it, but when I post recipes I just don’t want to say too much. When I look at recipes online, I usually skip straight to the recipe itself and skim the rest anyway.
There is only so much that can be said about Strawberry Jam and I don’t think people want to read about what I did all morning (computer work & failed DIY projects). Nothing wrong with that if that is your style of blogging, but as a visual person, less talk works for me.
I have noticed around the web some really awesome recipes for home-made jam that require no canning. This is great for me because I have very little canning experience and I like fresh food better anyway. I decided to come up with my own version of Strawberry Jam that is raw, sugar-free, and practically fool-proof.
This tastes best with really flavorful strawberries, but if your strawberries are mediocre, you can add a little lime juice and Stevia to the jam to give it a flavor boost. I am looking forward to trying this with other fruits… : )
If you want to make this recipe with whole chia seeds, you can follow my other recipe for Nectarine Chia Jam with strawberries
Makes about 1 cup jam, 8 servings (2 Tablespoons each)
- 1 pound fresh strawberries
- 2 Tablespoons ground chia seeds
- Optional: lime juice and liquid Stevia to taste
- Wash strawberries and remove green stems. Cut in half and place in a small food processor. Process until smooth.
- Stir into the strawberry puree the ground chia seed. Depending on how sweet the strawberries are, you can add some liquid Stevia if you want the jam a bit sweeter or add some lime juice to add some tartness.
- Allow the jam to thicken in the fridge. Store covered in the fridge. Enjoy!
NOTE: I got some questions asking about freezing and this jam should freeze well. I made some Nectarine Chia Jam with whole chia seeds and it freezes and thaws great!