Skip the store-bought fruit spreads and make your own jam with just 2 ingredients! This Easy Nectarine Jam is so easy to make and it paleo and nut free, perfect for any diet!
Nectarines and peaches are some of my favorite fruits when they are in season and bursting with flavor. Everyone really seemed to love the strawberry chia jam recipe, so I decided to make another raw jam recipe, but this time I wanted to try using whole chia seeds to see if I would like the texture better.
I liked the texture of the whole chia seeds better than the ground chia seeds. The seeds didn’t get in the way too much and the flavor of the fruit was not altered by the ground chia seeds (which can taste like flour).
I was very happy with how the jam turned out and was even eating it by the spoon! Very tasty, especially if you can find perfect nectarines or peaches.
I chose to leave the skin on the nectarines in this recipe because fruit skin has fiber and minerals in it. The skin is hardly noticeable (it just adds a slight pink color), but you can peel your nectarines first if you like.
I got a few questions about whether my strawberry jam was freezable and I had not tested that jam with the ground chia seeds, but I did check this jam and it does freeze well. I would probably use this jam within a week because it is raw and the chia seeds have natural oils in them. Stay tuned for a recipe using peach chia jam!
- 2 cups chopped nectarines with skin (about 2-1/2 medium nectarines)
- 2 Tablespoons white chia seeds whole
- Cut up nectarines (with skin) and place in a blender or food processor.
- Blend or process until pureed. This makes about 1 cup puree.
- Place puree in a bowl or container and stir in the chia seeds.
- Refrigerate several hours or until the chia seeds have thickened the puree.
This recipe freezes well. If you don't like the chia seeds whole, you can use ground chia seeds instead.