This Saucy Plum Crisp is easy to make for a healthy dessert and super simple! Plus it’s allergy friendly, gluten free, nut free, and vegan
This past week I had the great opportunity to try some cereals from the Attune Foods gluten-free Erewhon product line. This was my first time to try some of the Erewhon cereals and I was excited to explore something new, especially the Strawberry Crisp cereal.
My entire family really enjoyed the cereals, and I was impressed with the natural and allergy-friendly philosophy of Attune Foods:
-NO artificial additives, preservatives, flavors, or colors
-NO refined flours, sugars, or oils
-All cereals are made of Non-GMO ingredients
-Many ingredients are organic whenever possible
-All cereals are free of dairy, soy, peanuts, and tree nuts
Not only are the Attune Foods cereals free of 4 of the most common food allergens (and quite tasty), they are also produced in a dedicated peanut, tree nut, egg, and dairy-free facility, so you can still be confidant that your cereal will be safe for people with even severe food allergies.
Bonus for you eco-conscious individuals: Attune cereal boxes are made of recycled materials and there are craft projects and coupons printed inside! Can’t wait to use the one for a free Attune Probiotic Chocolate bar 🙂
If you have food allergies, or are just concerned with what you eat, the Attune Foods Erewhon cereals are a sensible option for the entire family. While I advocate eating fewer packaged foods, I love Attune’s health and manufacturing philosophies. Plus, it is nice to have healthy cereals on hand for recipes, snacks, and quick breakfasts.
I love using crispy brown rice in recipes, so I whipped up this quick Saucy Plum Crisp using Erewhon Crispy Brown Rice Cereal with Mixed Berries. Enjoy!
- 1-1/2 cups chopped plums very ripe (about 8 small plums)
- 3-5 Tablespoons Truvia or Stevia in the Raw to taste*
- 2 Tablespoons brown rice flour
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 Tablespoons coconut cream
- 6 Tablespoons Erewhon Crispy Brown Rice Cereal with Mixed Berries
- Cut up plums and place in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, then reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes or so until the plums have cooked down into a chunky sauce. This shouldn't take very long if the plums are quite ripe.
- Add the brown rice flour, the Truvia, the cinnamon, and the vanilla to the plums and stir well. Allow to sit for @ 5 minutes to cool a bit and thicken, stirring occasionally.
- Scoop warm plum sauce into 2-3 dishes and top with 2 Tablespoons crispy rice cereal and 1 Tablespoon coconut cream. Enjoy!
*The amount of sweetener you add will depend largely on how tart the plums are and how sweet you want your sauce