Fudgy, chewy, chocolatey – the perfect cookie! These Gluten Free Fudge Cookies are great for holiday baking or any time of year, plus they’re vegan and nut free
It’s funny how my recipe experiments go sometimes. I was doing a bunch of baking over the last week and I decided to make some brownies. Well, my brownie experiment didn’t turn out so good. It looked more like a cake than brownies – a really dry cake at that.
So I decided to try again. Tweaked my recipe, and made another small batch. This time, there was no batter but rather dough. Solution? I rolled the dough into balls and made gluten free fudge cookies!
I had no way of knowing if my recipe would turn out (the dough tasted good!), but I gave it a whirl anyway and these chocolate treats were born! I usually try to make something good if my recipes don’t quite turn out right, like I did with my blondies. But, I did end up throwing the cake away: it was actually pretty atrocious, haha! 🙂
Gluten Free Fudge Cookies (Vegan)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking soda, and salt.
- In a cup, combine the ground flax seed and milk and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, cream the palm oil with a hand blender. Continue to blend and add in the agave, flax gel, and vanilla and blend ingredients until creamy and mixed thoroughly.
- Add the dry ingredients to the palm oil blend and mix together well with a hand blender or by hand until a thick dough forms.
- Blend or stir in the mini chocolate chips.
- Roll about 1 Tablespoon dough into balls and place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment or a baking stone.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Let cool on baking sheet for @ 5 minutes before removing to wire rack to cool completely. These will seem slightly crumbly at first but they will firm up as they cool.
Sarah Jane Parker is the founder, recipe creator, and photographer behind The Fit Cookie. She’s a food allergy mom and healthy living blogger based in Wyoming. Sarah is also an ACSM Certified Personal Trainer, ACE Certified Health Coach, Revolution Running certified running coach, and an ACE Certified Fitness Nutrition Specialist