If you love to grill outdoors, you can make a simple and healthy dessert on your grill with these Dairy Free Grilled Apples with Caramel Sauce! This recipe is also gluten free
I did a little experimenting this summer with grilling different foods, like cauliflower and apples. I admit, part of my grilling experiments were fueled by a bit of laziness, but both the grilled cauliflower and the apples turned out delicious!
Grilling used to be intimidating, but it is really quick and easy way to cook once you get the hang of it.
Most of our summer meals have been whipped up in 30 minutes or less with the help of our trusty gas grill. I haven’t used our charcoal grill much, so that will be my project for next summer!
Thinking about not being able to use our grill makes me sad, but we can still use it on calm winter days…haha!! That almost never happens (Wyoming folks will get a good laugh at that one)!
Before you say goodbye to your grill for the next few months, have some fun and experiment with your food a bit. You never know, you just might find a new grill masterpiece!
Grilled Apples with Caramel Sauce (Dairy Free)
- 2 apples firm and sweet-tart (such as Jazz or Pink Lady)
- Dash cinnamon
- Cut apples in half
- Cut out the core of the apples
- Sprinkle with ground cinnamon
- Grill on both sides over medium-high heat until softened and nicely browned.
- To make caramel sauce: In a small bowl, mix together the nut/seed butter, honey, coconut milk, and vanilla until well blended.
- Drizzle "Caramel" sauce over the apples and serve warm.
Sarah Jane Parker is the founder, recipe creator, and photographer behind The Fit Cookie. She’s a food allergy mom and healthy living blogger based in Wyoming. Sarah is also an ACSM Certified Personal Trainer, ACE Certified Health Coach, Revolution Running certified running coach, and an ACE Certified Fitness Nutrition Specialist